Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just upgraded my SW. from 12 to 14" brand new Klipsch, off the new line. Fucking huge and heavy. That's what she said.
436199748_10102544194531009_807604543027412473_n.jpg

436381814_10102544194496079_8369853021658602613_n.jpg

436467529_10102544194481109_3416800936410529119_n.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could just leave well enough alone but with audio gear and cars I just have to keep fucking with it.
Old rack is out and new special McIntosh rack is in.
Pros, one unit on wheels, instead of 9 metal spike shelves.
A little taller, 6", a little wider 6".
It was very difficult to get in rear before, always afraid of collapsing a shelf, back breaking.
McIntosh glass panel lights up with trigger cable.
Cons, only thing is I am lowering my center speaker to a shelf, only one reason, it keeps me from raising TV up 6", I still might do?
So the top shelf will hold PC, DAC, 4K Apple and 4 channel amp. Basically the same minus the 12.5" tall center and replacing with 4.5" tall amp.
The power supply now instead of middle, to the right, power cables should still be OK?

The center speaker was perfect before, I hope I am not disappointed with where it is at, but if it has to go on top and raise TV on wall then so be it

Of course it is work in progress and only will be done when I like it.
Notice all the cables, I hate that part. Every cable, in's and out's marked.
IMG_5531.jpg
IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg
IMG_5537.jpg
IMG_5538.jpg

I wish I could just leave well enough alone but with audio gear and cars I just have to keep fucking with it.
It was very difficult to get in rear before, always afraid of collapsing a shelf, back breaking.
Cons, only thing is I am lowering my center speaker to a shelf, only one reason, it keeps me from raising TV up 6", I still might do?
So the top shelf will hold PC, DAC, 4K Apple and 4 channel amp. Basically the same minus the 12.5" tall center and replacing with 4.5" tall amp.
The power supply now instead of middle, to the right, power cables should still be OK?

The center speaker was perfect before, I hope I am not disappointed with where it is at, but if it has to go on top and raise TV on wall then so be it

View attachment 104827View attachment 104828
View attachment 104829View attachment 104830View attachment 104831

I'm sure you'll love it Mark!

You might want to pull that center speaker out a bit so that the sound doesn’t reflect off of those posts or the shelves above and below it.

View attachment 104827View attachment 104828
View attachment 104829View attachment 104830View attachment 104831
Well done, looks great!

I think you could find a way to orient the centre speaker so that it points at your ear's height. A few degrees can make a big difference, especially with the centre channel.
I would also re-run any room correction calibration you might be using. I'm not familiar with McIntosh, but again, changing the position of speakers will likely need a new calibration.

Overall it seems a big improvement and a very nice entertainment unit! :)

Well done, looks great!

I think you could find a way to orient the centre speaker so that it points at your ear's height. A few degrees can make a big difference, especially with the centre channel.
I would also re-run any room correction calibration you might be using. I'm not familiar with McIntosh, but again, changing the position of speakers will likely need a new calibration.

Overall it seems a big improvement and a very nice entertainment unit! :)
I agree. The fronts will be a little wider than before, the center obvious. And a solid walnut cabinet vs a metal spike rack I am sure will have some tonal difference for the better.
Back is killing me, all that cleaning and sitting on floor really tightens the hamstrings, not to mention 150lb amp by myself.
At least I can still do it at 68 years old, not complaining.
Coffee and a pill and I am back in action.

Good idea with the tilt up on center speaker, I have some small plastic table leveling wedges, I might try.

I had Mitch Barnett do some filtersets for me, really good improvement on sound, but I guess those will need to be redone. I could recalibrate Audessy on my own that is simple.
With the Mitch Barnett filtersets I use Pure Direct OFF. With Audessy, you can still use off, but then Audessy is off.

Ugh, I love this and I hate this.

This is a brand new McINTOSH PRODUCT that I find highly interesting, not really for me as I have too much invested in all the amps I already have, but this one $8000.00 product , has 120-150 watts per channel, no need for amps, built in Dirac Live all channels. I see a lot of people on QQ asking about what should they get, Dolby Atmos, etc, and this new product really is the one. One unit, hook up speakers and 2.0, 4.0, 5.1 Atmos, all done. Expandable from 7.2 to 7.2.4, so I guess you would need a little 4 channel amp for the heights.

Good idea with the tilt up on center speaker, I have some small plastic table leveling wedges, I might try.
I also tilt my center speaker up as it's placed a bit lower than I like due to restrictions. I use a black hockey puck to tilt mine as it doesn't slide much and essentially can't see it due to being black. lol

I also tilt my center speaker up as it's placed a bit lower than I like due to restrictions. I use a black hockey puck to tilt mine as it doesn't slide much and essentially can't see it due to being black. lol
My center speaker has to sit below my TV, so the front of it is on a 2x4. All hidden behind a wall of grill cloth.

Back