Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEXTBOX: A Canadian thing. 🇨🇦
jKwGbJm.jpeg
00e3d8153f5990a99e49dc6c5b535dac.jpeg

So here's my first setup. I was in the Army and although prices were good, funds weren't exactly generous.
I don't remember the make of the receiver or the headphones. Stereo speakers, though! And check out the FM antenna taped to the locker doors.
View attachment 102281
Haha you were a closet audiophile!

So here's my first setup. I was in the Army and although prices were good, funds weren't exactly generous.
I don't remember the make of the receiver or the headphones. Stereo speakers, though! And check out the FM antenna taped to the locker doors.
View attachment 102281
You passed inspection like that? LOL

So here's my first setup...

I can't resist showing my first setup again, already shown in other threads.

The amplifier, above the cassette deck, was from an "unbranded" brand, which my father bought me the cheapest he could find, along with some speaker baffle kits. The Cassete Deck and Tuner below were bought by me after saving several months.

It sounded wonderful, compared with my first Philips Cassette, and this is where I developed my passion for Prog. That girl, after other marriage and divorce is my current Wife.

1708967678079.png

I can't resist showing my first setup again, already shown in other threads.

The amplifier, above the cassette deck, was from an "unbranded" brand, which my father bought me the cheapest he could find, along with some speaker baffle kits. The Cassete Deck and Tuner below were bought by me after saving several months.

It sounded wonderful, compared with my first Philips Cassette, and this is where I developed my passion for Prog. That girl, after other marriage and divorce is my current Wife.

View attachment 102325
Oh, she's cute! You, nice sweater. Did Starsky ask for it back?

Thanks for the nice comments about the room. Btw the three subs are along the front wall ( LFE in left corner). Those black cubes by the seats are ottomans/footrests 😀
my first thoughts were

"And don't be flicking any boogers on those fuzzy dufflebags!!"

Bonus marks to anyone who gets the reference

Equipment question here I can get a free Sansui BA-F1 amplifier from a friend. However it is not working any longer and it will have to be restored.
Anyone here have experience with Sansui amplifiers? Looking online it seems to have a good reputation. However restoration will require removing some glue that goes bad and replacement of what are called black flag caps. Just what I need more vintage gear when I want to buy something modern...

Back