Show us your gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To reduce the negative impact of "most" dimmer switches, on can set them in full ON or OFF position, when listening to music.
That's usually true, but as I noted, having the lights on a different circuit than the AV gear has eliminated the problem. I know a lot of people don't have that option, and I'm glad I did.

Two peas in a pod....rotating the Involve Amp Master back in the mix. Nice to have her back.

20240223_182450.jpg

Hello @barfle....curious if you've been satisfied with the oscilloscope??
Yes, so far. I've used the 'scope functions, two channel, and they work as expected, although the UI is a bit different than the old analog scopes I'm used to. The spectrum analyzer works as expected on square waves.

I fired up one channel of the signal generator, and it easily does square, sine, and triangle waves from under 1Hz to way beyond anything I'll use. The outputs are BNC on the back panel, so I put some BNC-RCA adapters on the connectors. Again, it's not exactly intuitive for an old analog scope jockey like me, but it's doing everything it's supposed to.

For around $700, it's amazing. And I'm only about half-way through the manual!

Stupid question here but does Involve audio make enough components to make a home system?
Im using old vintage equipment and would like something more modern
I have a Marantz 4400 with working scope but never restored and it is losing functions like having to play records on the mono setting thru 4 speakers and I had to disconnect external decoders won't work.
I have a sanui qrx 9001 restored by Qrx but kept dropping right rear speaker so it went back in the box
Want to be able to hook up vintage decoders cd4 demodulater etc
My only chance to buy new stuff is before I retire which could be a year off..
I had Carver equipment I bought in the 80s but it keeps going into protection mode and shutting off
Then there is my old original Kenwood 5400 reciever which has been boxed up for years but I loved it..

Stupid question here but does Involve audio make enough components to make a home system?
Im using old vintage equipment and would like something more modern
I have a Marantz 4400 with working scope but never restored and it is losing functions like having to play records on the mono setting thru 4 speakers and I had to disconnect external decoders won't work.
I have a sanui qrx 9001 restored by Qrx but kept dropping right rear speaker so it went back in the box
Want to be able to hook up vintage decoders cd4 demodulater etc
My only chance to buy new stuff is before I retire which could be a year off..
I had Carver equipment I bought in the 80s but it keeps going into protection mode and shutting off
Then there is my old original Kenwood 5400 reciever which has been boxed up for years but I loved it..

Well, Involve does sell a high end one stop-shop integrated amp, speakers, sub. Here is a link to their Y4 system:

https://involveaudio.com/product/y4/

But they also sell the Amp Master and the Surround Master, that require a pre/pro, generally speaking.

I hear you about vintage gear. I too have a QRXrestore 9001 that developed an issue. It's such a complicated beast....it does not really surprise me. I've been using vintage amp separates forever, but you can clearly hear the improvement with the new Involve Amp Master.

I went the route of a used Anthem pre / pro as the core of my combo vintage / modern pieces. It was the best decision....I started using Apple TV after getting the Anthem, still use my old turntable and drive an assortment of vintage processors with the Anthem. It has HDMI, analog, optical, etc. inputs. And of course I have the Oppo in the mix.

I also have a Zektor switch that is key to all of this. Not really necessary if you do not plan on having a high number of inputs to the amp or pre / pro.

Thanks @LB-V what model Anthem do you reccomend?
I have a Zektor and some dbx switchers ready to go this is something I need to plan for.

I landed with an Anthem AVM 50v. It was pretty reasonable. I had never heard of Anthem until I had the bright idea to read on @Sonik Wiz 's "About" page to get some good ideas of what gear to consider.

If (or when) I do it again, I'd get an Atmos capable Anthem (I think I missed it by one generation). The main reason being, I found out the hard way that Atmos streams on a 5.1 bed. I'd went to try a 6.1 (i have a 4.1 system) set-up once I got the Anthem going. Come to find out, if you don't have an Atmos machine, you can't get the 7.1 from the 5.1 bed for streaming. I digress...

It took me a good few months to really appreciate the Anthem. For the first time in my years of this hobby, I actually got so frustrated with her the first week of integrating it into my system, I boxed it back up and swore to sell it or chuck it into the bin. But I gave it another whirl and glad I did.

There are a lot of pre / pros out there. Anthem is the first and only I have for reference. It's incredibly flexible. I drive 4 processors (e.g. Tate 101A, QSD-1, SM, S&IC) with it, plus it's own discrete output and processors. Only complaint, my model does not have optical out...I'd love to be driving the Surround Master optically.

Newer pics of the room. Now it's setup for 7.x.6 with Aerial 5Ts as front and rear heights (Aerial 20Ts as mains and Aerial LR5s all around), and the SVS Prime Elevations filling in the top middles.View attachment 102172View attachment 102173

Love the captain's chair! The room looks amazing.

Interesting you have your nearfield subs out front. I've only ever seen them behind the listener.

Newer pics of the room. Now it's setup for 7.x.6 with Aerial 5Ts as front and rear heights (Aerial 20Ts as mains and Aerial LR5s all around), and the SVS Prime Elevations filling in the top middles.View attachment 102172View attachment 102173

The program only allows us to give either one WOW or one LOVE. So here is a more appropriate response to your A/V room:

😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲 and

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Wonderful job!

Thanks for the nice comments about the room. Btw the three subs are along the front wall ( LFE in left corner). Those black cubes by the seats are ottomans/footrests 😀
Fantastic job Ted. That is a big room, done in exactly my style. If you don't mind me asking the size of room? I am guessing 2' X 30'?
Actually all the details, please. Love to geek out on gear and setups.
What is that toggle looking thing, top picture, lower right in front of right speaker? Or is it just part of the speaker isolator platform?
During construction and then playback and problem hurdles you had to overcome?
Sorry, I am a total geek.

Back