Uriah Heep Living the Dream

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I thought I would mention one of the "little" releases here today....we always focus on the super deluxe editions...but according to many out there this vintage band can still get it done....this is a CD/DVD set(I have no idea what is on the DVD and doubt there is any surround material) HERE....a review HERE....and if you are a die hard fan...you can get all the extras you want...EVEN a drum stick...and no I'm not talking turkey here...the one used in the making of this album HERE

Great band ..saw them live way back in 1973 in Southampton ( when I used to work at the Ordnance Survey ). I still have their double LP 'Uriah Heep Live' bought in 1973. They put on a superb performance. Them were the days of 'easy livin'.
David Byron could really fill a venue with his energetic, hard rockin voice..pity he succumbed to the rockers curse of too much alcohol.

Drugs tore this band apart by the seams. Too bad. LAY and D&W are really strong creative albums. TMB too. Really steep fall off right after. Some moments of greatness here and there after. The lineup with Wetton should have been a monster! At least a couple songs on those two albums are pretty fantastic. I still try to check out what they're up to but I really haven't been able to listen to anything after Innocent Victim.

A surround remix of LAY & D&W would be amazing! And if someone like Steve Wilson could "finish" TMB to their (hmmm... kind of down to just Hensley now?) liking, that would be over the top!

There was a live album on DVDA floating around a few years ago. Looked like a bit of a suspect budget affair. Anyone have that? Is there an actual decent surround mix?

Drugs tore this band apart by the seams. Too bad. LAY and D&W are really strong creative albums. TMB too. Really steep fall off right after. Some moments of greatness here and there after. The lineup with Wetton should have been a monster! At least a couple songs on those two albums are pretty fantastic. I still try to check out what they're up to but I really haven't been able to listen to anything after Innocent Victim.

A surround remix of LAY & D&W would be amazing! And if someone like Steve Wilson could "finish" TMB to their (hmmm... kind of down to just Hensley now?) liking, that would be over the top!

There was a live album on DVDA floating around a few years ago. Looked like a bit of a suspect budget affair. Anyone have that? Is there an actual decent surround mix?

Maybe you are thinking of this one:

https://www.discogs.com/Uriah-Heep-From-The-Front-Row-Live/release/6176517

Or this one:

https://www.discogs.com/Uriah-Heep-The-Best/release/3178047

I don't have either.

Front Row is the one I was thinking of. Looking at the setlist... must be from either Wonderworld or Sweet Freedom tour... which is probably why I didn't take a chance on it. The "falling apart" era I was talking about.

The title track from TMB is still one of my favorite things actually. I mention the "unfinished" thing because that's what the band constantly said about the album.

The track list on that 2nd one doesn't exactly speak to me.

I've this one, Uriah Heep - Magic Night, Live at the Astoria in London 8th November 2003, I can't remember what the surround mix is like though, probably not that spectacular or it would have stuck in my head!

UriahHeep_MagicNight.jpg

01 Easy Livin' 02:38
02 Shadows Of Grief 06:11
03 Cry Freedom 03:41
04 Pilgrim 06:18
05 Bad Bad Man 03:39
06 Devil's Daughter 04:44
07 Wise Man 04:05
08 Firefly 02:06
09 Heartless Land 01:48
10 Free Me 03:25
11 The Wizard 03:50
12 Love In Silence 06:46
13 Been Away Too Long 03:57
14 Stealin' 05:21
15 The Other Side Of Midnight 04:32

I've this one, Uriah Heep - Magic Night, Live at the Astoria in London 8th November 2003, I can't remember what the surround mix is like though, probably not that spectacular or it would have stuck in my head!

View attachment 34668
01 Easy Livin' 02:38
02 Shadows Of Grief 06:11
03 Cry Freedom 03:41
04 Pilgrim 06:18
05 Bad Bad Man 03:39
06 Devil's Daughter 04:44
07 Wise Man 04:05
08 Firefly 02:06
09 Heartless Land 01:48
10 Free Me 03:25
11 The Wizard 03:50