What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the morning scouring the Dutton Vocalion website and found more classic Quads that I somehow missed... at least it's an even number :)
Capture.JPG

Aerosmith - Wings/Toy’s/Rocks - yes I know TOYS was released on SACD 5.1 back in 2000 I think it was and is pretty good to my ears but I've read that the QUAD album released back in the 70's sounds better..but have ever heard it myself as I don't have a 70's QUAD system

Yes - Yessongs/Going For The One

ELP - Welcime Back

Chicago - Live @ Carnegie Hall

Boston - Boston/Don’t Look Back

Deep Purple - Made in Japan mix by SW

The Who - Live @ Leeds & Hull/Who’s Next

Kiss - Kiss Alive

All above selections in multi-channel/Hi-Rez formats

I know I’ll be either waiting a long time for these or maybe forever

But coming in mail now

Steve Wilson - Home Invasion
Rush - Hemispheres Super Deluxe
Jethro Tull - This Was 50th Ann
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere
Aerosmith - The Broadcast Collection 15 CD set it’s awesome
Neil Diamond - 50th Ann Career 6 CD box
David Gilmore - Live @ Pompeii 2Cd/2Blu Ray
REM — Out of Time Super deluxe
Frank Sinatra - Duets 20th Ann box set
Chick Corea - Rendezvous 5.1 SACD

Last edited:
I received this Sibelius 5-SACD/1-blu ray disc box-set the other day and I'm currently listening to disc 2 featuring Pohjola's Daughter and Symphony No.2. I liked what I heard on disc 1 (symphonies 1 and 4) and so far I'm liking this. I'm liking it so much, in fact, I think this might be one of the best bang-for-buck box-sets out there. Fwiw, I prefer to listen to new music in stereo to find out whether I like it so I haven't heard any of the multichannel mixes from this box-set as I've never heard any of the music before. But next time around, surround sound here we go :smokin

These 2 ordered to ship to my home in Canada

Marillion: Clutching at Straws
King Crimsom-Live in Mexico(ordered Oct.31)

As those 2 taking so long I ordered the following on Nov.30 from Uk to USA to send to my sister in law in Conneticut as her daughter goes to unniversity in my neck of the woods and figured would be quicker to send to their place and deliver to me when niece comes back after Christimas vacation(Jan.6th)
Just saw email, items below arrived to USA already.

Ayreon Universe [Blu-ray] [
Middle Earth – Six Film Collection Extended Edition [Blu-Ray]
Steven Wilson Home Invasion: Live at the Royal Albert Hall [Blu-ray]
Muse-Simulation Theory cd(which this was surround)
Tom Chaplin-12 Tales of Christmas cd

and this one also sent to USA address so Jan.6th

Birdsong At Morning - Signs And Wonders Blu-Ray

Delivery of the Smyth Realiser A16, hopefully before Spring 2019.

The next Dutton Vocalion announcement.

Are You Experienced? stereo/mono SACD.

Joan Armatrading stereo SACD scheduled for 2019 release.

The 50th Anniversary of Abbey Road, hopefully with the release of a WA type surround mix.

Also waiting on the next Smyth Realiser...long overdue, but seems that it will see the light of day...

Especially important since my non-headphone surround setup just tanked...amp or pre-amp, probably the latter (Denon AVP)

Also waiting on the next Smyth Realiser...long overdue, but seems that it will see the light of day...

Especially important since my non-headphone surround setup just tanked...amp or pre-amp, probably the latter (Denon AVP)
I’m sorry to hear about your surround setup but I did like your post.

Mike, enough D~V titles for a brilliant episode of Listening in Surround! You should dedicate an entire episode to Dutton Vocalion ....... face it, they're mavericks in an age of pricey box sets!
I've been thinking about that! I only bite on maybe 10% of the titles they offer, but what fun it's been!

I have ALL their QUAD titles ....... Easy Listening OVERLOAD?????????
The stack of yet-unlistened-to discs, ordered during my year abroad, is quite formidable. It is shrinking, but slowly. I'm trying to truly enjoy each listen and only crack the cellophane when the time is truly right. Trying to mix in existing titles I already love to. If I went for every D-V title, I might never get through them all!
Good problem to have!

Back