New Cyan (Rob Reed) album in surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I've just got this email from Magenta/Tigermoth - it says CD/DVD and its a new album, so mixed in surround?

Magenta
Bandcamp Friday tomorrow and do we have the big one for you.

The new Cyan album ‘Pictures From The Other Side’ will be available for pre-order.

It’s available in CD/DVD digifle format and for a limited period (while stocks last) there’s an option available with a bonus CD entitled ‘Pictures From Another Side’ and also a signed postcard. This amazing bonus disc is the perfect companion to the main album and consists of some stunning alternative mixes and audio from ‘The Quiet Room’ session.

Check out the short video teaser below and everything goes live at 8am UK time tomorrow (October 6th) at
tigermothhosting.co.uk/CYANCD2023/index.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkjED0jN94

I've just got this email from Magenta/Tigermoth - it says CD/DVD and its a new album, so mixed in surround?

Magenta
Bandcamp Friday tomorrow and do we have the big one for you.

The new Cyan album ‘Pictures From The Other Side’ will be available for pre-order.

It’s available in CD/DVD digifle format and for a limited period (while stocks last) there’s an option available with a bonus CD entitled ‘Pictures From Another Side’ and also a signed postcard. This amazing bonus disc is the perfect companion to the main album and consists of some stunning alternative mixes and audio from ‘The Quiet Room’ session.

Check out the short video teaser below and everything goes live at 8am UK time tomorrow (October 6th) at
tigermothhosting.co.uk/CYANCD2023/index.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfkjED0jN94
I'm a bit confused Duncan, looks like this was released back in 2021 with a DVD?

https://www.tigermothshop.co.uk/store/Cyan-For-King-And-Country-2021-CD-DVD-p383087294

Is this with extra material or something?

I believe this is another redo of an old album, this time from 1994:
https://www.discogs.com/release/5821968-Cyan-Pictures-From-The-Other-SideRelease date is November 17th
Hopefully that's the case; because when I select to 'WORLD ORDER HERE' - it's showing info for the other album

For King And Country (2021) CD/DVD - unless I'm just totally screwed up on this 🤷‍♂️

cyan 2021.jpg

I'm a bit confused Duncan, looks like this was released back in 2021 with a DVD?

https://www.tigermothshop.co.uk/store/Cyan-For-King-And-Country-2021-CD-DVD-p383087294

Is this with extra material or something?

I believe this is another redo of an old album, this time from 1994:
https://www.discogs.com/release/5821968-Cyan-Pictures-From-The-Other-SideRelease date is November 17th

I don't think the link to the 'new' album version will appear until sometime tomorrow.

This is most definitely a brand new Cyan album: I play tested the 5.1 for Rob :)

I'm happy to report that it's up to his usual high standard - fully discrete, dynamic and fitting very tastefully with the music. Moreover, the songs on the album are just superb. IMHO it's a significant step up from "For King and Country."

(BTW it may be that the confusion is caused by the DVD including (old) video that was made using the "For King and Country" material as "bonus" content)

Yes, It looks a new re-do of the 1994 album. Slight different song tittles and fortunately, again, the Peter Jones vocals.
You are correct, sir. I must admit that I mistakenly thought that they had only released one album with the old line-up back in the '90s, hence my assertion that this was "brand new."

So, to recap and clarify:

The forthcoming release of "Pictures from the Other Side", which includes a 5.1 mix on DVD is a re-recording of the 1994 album of the same name, using the new line-up (Peter Jones, Luke Machin, Dan Nelson and Rob.)

It's *very* good. :)

Back