• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Reaction score
The other thread was over 135 pages long, filled with attachments, so I closed it out. Let's start a new one! :phones

In case you're looking for it, the old one is still HERE

Now, go forth and listen! :smokin

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Anthony Phillips - The Geese & The Ghost CD/DVD-A - I'm liking this so far.... (y)
20150311_161515 (500 x 281).jpg

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Actually, they're 4.1 without the center channel...
I haven't got Guess Who or Bread yet, but my BST is definitely 5.0... SACDs can only be encoded as 2.0, 5.0 or 5.1....

rtbluray

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Audio Fidelity's Quadraphonic SACDs of "The Best of The Guess Who" and "The Best of Bread" have just recently dropped on my doorstep!

Now the question is, which one to listen to and review first?

I think I'll go with The Guess Who since that one did supposedly come out first on SACD. :)

georgeshannon

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
BS&T Self Titled, Best Of The Guess Who, and Quadrophenia arrived today. Guess Who is playing now. Its perfect.

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Rick Wakeman - Six Wives of Henry VIII
Rick Wakeman - Arthur

Both arrived today, just playing 6 Wives now.

John Svensson

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
Big bonanza ....all four of the AF m-ch SACD's arrived on one day. DTS conversions are now in the give away pile. Will take some time to appreciate these, thanks to the Maven.

rtbluray

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" SACD.

Took me a long time to convince myself to get this one, even though "Forever Autumn" is one of my favorite Moody Blues-related songs of all time!
Can't wait to hear what that one sounds like in surround! :)

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds" SACD.

Took me a long time to convince myself to get this one, even though "Forever Autumn" is one of my favorite Moody Blues-related songs of all time!
Can't wait to hear what that one sounds like in surround! :)
Nor can I...always been curious.....let us know...so I can buy another one...

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
That deluxe set sure held its value. The other one is almost free.