What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Promesas; 12 Favourite Love Songs - Frank Galan (Single Layer MultiCh SACD)

yeay!! :LB
over the moon's an understatement!! :51QQ:love:
here's one from Sony Belgium i've been looking for for many years without joy!

super grateful to QQ member djstephan for the help in acquiring this, thanks mate, much appreciated (y)

L5tWzqp.jpeg

d1ZIqUO.jpeg

nSpFdQ9.jpeg

EmxYsJ3.jpeg

Glad you finally got it, enjoy !..Trust me I know the feeling, I was hunting for it for a while as well.

Look who's in the House...the incredible DONNAS(wild clapping in the background):SB

View attachment 36637View attachment 36638
It's not a fantastic mix and it's way too loud (as I recall), but the music is an awful lot of fun - not quite as good as "Spend The Night" but a pleasant pop-rock sugar high all the same. They've also done a number of fun covers. Given the compression of most of their music, you won't be missing much streaming it off Spotify.

It's not a fantastic mix and it's way too loud (as I recall), but the music is an awful lot of fun - not quite as good as "Spend The Night" but a pleasant pop-rock sugar high all the same. They've also done a number of fun covers. Given the compression of most of their music, you won't be missing much streaming it off Spotify.

I knew the CD side was compressed but Ralphie said the DVD side was oko_O

As I recall (dangerous, I know) it's not compressed to death like the CD side, but the music is naturally pretty compressed and lacking nuance even without further DRC. It's meant to be loud and fun.

Your description is spot on...I decided to take a listen....the DVD side doesn't sound "crushed" at all...it's that "dense" pop sound that Indie artists sometimes have...and it is "fun" as well...you are 2 for 2...I like it(y)..sounds like a "raw" Joan Jett type of vocals..

Your description is spot on...I decided to take a listen....the DVD side doesn't sound "crushed" at all...it's that "dense" pop sound that Indie artists sometimes have...and it is "fun" as well...you are 2 for 2...I like it(y)..sounds like a "raw" Joan Jett type of vocals..

And one of the RARE Atlantic Records MLP DVD~As released in Hi Res and quite rare because of the recall [it was one of the Dualdiscs' early TEST releases in the Boston area].

Enjoy, Clinty.

nice haul! :love:

curious on what you think of the surround mix quality on that Peter Ulrich SACD when you have tried it?

Well... First of all I must admit that I love Dead Can Dance and the fact Peter Ulrich was a DCD member is the only reason I bought this SACD.:) But after listening I was slightly disappointed... The content is a mixed bag, I liked may be 2-3 songs, music is very specific and not everybody's cup of tea. I'm not impressed by surround mix either, the rears almost ambient... The fidelity is ok, and it's plenty of good bass here. I don't think I'll be spinning this often.:LOL:

Poncho At Montreux - Poncho Sanchez (DVD-A DualDisc)

52HY5d1.jpeg

6xTgvpG.jpeg

well.. i'm glad i got this for the music first and foremost, as the surround is a big fat waste of ambient time! fortunately i love this kind of bongo Latino stuff and its a genre fairly well represented by decent multichannel, the Concord SACDs of Poncho's music are miles better surround mixes than this! arrrrribaaaaaa!!! ayeayeaye aaaayyyye!!!!! :LB

Back