When is an Amazon warehouse deal not a deal?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefe1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
When your package doesn't contain any CDs or bluray to listen to......

I just ordered the Sgt Pepper. Box set for $72. Thought I shouldnt pass it up and was looking forward to listening to it. It comes today I open up the box take out the package and see the slipcover with a small rip is taped closed at each end. After I opened the box I find the lp still in cello the book still in cello the inserts but no discs. I opened the book and flipped thru all the pages.
No discs.
I can only conclude that someone in their warehouse stole them. Or maybe this was a return without the discs and nobody checked.
So now I have to go through the hassle of returning this beast after my disappointment.

When your package doesn't contain any CDs or bluray to listen to......

I just ordered the Sgt Pepper. Box set for $72. Thought I shouldnt pass it up and was looking forward to listening to it. It comes today I open up the box take out the package and see the slipcover with a small rip is taped closed at each end. After I opened the box I find the lp still in cello the book still in cello the inserts but no discs. I opened the book and flipped thru all the pages.
No discs.
I can only conclude that someone in their warehouse stole them. Or maybe this was a return without the discs and nobody checked.
So now I have to go through the hassle of returning this beast after my disappointment.

Talk about being ROYALLY PUNKED, Jefe1! Normally, I've found their warehouse deals to be on the level .... but you're probably right. Someone absconded with the 'goods' and left you the 'crumbs!'

Do you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon? If so they may ship you another one without even asking for a return. That's what happened to me recently when I ordered a 2-pack of something and they sent only one. Customer Service just gladly re-shipped what I ordered and didn't even ask for a return of the one I received. But I spend hundreds of dollars a month with them and very rarely report an issue.

I doubt very seriously that one of their warehouse rats stole the discs. Most likely some a-hole took the discs and then returned the rest for a refund. There are a lot of people out there like that.

Do you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon? If so they may ship you another one without even asking for a return. That's what happened to me recently when I ordered a 2-pack of something and they sent only one. Customer Service just gladly re-shipped what I ordered and didn't even ask for a return of the one I received. But I spend hundreds of dollars a month with them and very rarely report an issue.

I doubt very seriously that one of their warehouse rats stole the discs. Most likely some a-hole took the discs and then returned the rest for a refund. There are a lot of people out there like that.
Amazon has the best customer service reps....that give out free shit all the time to make things right....I feel that IMHO they have the BEST CSRs on the planet 😃

Listen everybody..........I'm an idiot.

What I thought was a sealed record is actually the holder of the discs. I finally opened it and there are the discs. I kept wondering why a vinyl record was included in the box and finally opened it.
I never had this and just assumed all the discs would be held in the book like every other box set I got.

I agree amazon has great CS but will now cancel my return.

And I wasn't even drinking today. Maybe I should now as I crawl off and try to disappear.....

Well never mind.

Which box set are you talking about - I thought the Sgt Pepper's box set was CDs and blu ray only?

It has 4 CDs...a DVD...and a Blu Ray....what happened to jefe1 is that they are in...what looks like...a sleeve that contains vinyl...but instead it contains the 6 discs...it's easier to just show you...

IMG_3477.JPG
IMG_3476.JPG

What I thought was a sealed record is actually the holder of the discs. I finally opened it and there are the discs. I kept wondering why a vinyl record was included in the box and finally opened it.
I never had this and just assumed all the discs would be held in the book like every other box set I got.

And I wasn't even drinking today. Maybe I should now as I crawl off and try to disappear.....

Well never mind.

I thought that sleeve contained vinyl when I opened it too:eek:..so I started looking around and realized that there wasn't vinyl in this set and opened it...so you are not alone...

Yep, I agree......it was an easy oversight on Jefe's part. Many of these "box" sets are a pain in the rear. I have another box set (the name escapes me now) and all of the discs need to be pressed down (hard) onto a sort of rubber holder. Only problem is.....they don't fit right and they constantly fall out.......

Well never mind.

I went back to my original post when I opened the box set and this observation on Dec 30, 2017

It has 4 CDs...a DVD...and a Blu Ray....what happened to jefe1 is that they are in...what looks like...a sleeve that contains vinyl...but instead it contains the 6 discs...it's easier to just show you...

View attachment 38248View attachment 38249

Oh yeah, I have that box set myself - I got confused when the OP said the lp was still in cello meaning his came with an LP and therefore, I presumed, there must have been a release that came with vinyl. Panic over, phew! :)

Yeah, I know there was a vinyl release. I meant for a minute there I thought there was a vinyl box set edition that was essentially identical to the CD/blu ray version but containing LPs instead of CDs or that there was a box set that contained CDs, vinyl and blu ray. As I say, I now know the OP got confused so panic over.

Fwiw, I actually bought the standalone 50th LP (the one without the bonus content on a second LP) as well as the CD/blu ray box set and the vinyl sounds superb - in fact, it sounds a lot better than the stereo equivalent in the CD/blu ray box set.

Thanks everyone.....I was afraid I was going to be kicked off of QQ and forced to join ARP....
The "record" sleeve says long play 33 1/3 RPM on the back I felt the sleeve and honestly thought there was vinyl in it. I thought I would keep it pristine and unopened for the next buyer since I was going to return this.
It's just a good thing I didn't get out my pocketknife and slit open the book bindings looking for those discs.....

Thanks everyone.....I was afraid I was going to be kicked off of QQ and forced to join ARP....
The "record" sleeve says long play 33 1/3 RPM on the back I felt the sleeve and honestly thought there was vinyl in it. I thought I would keep it pristine and unopened for the next buyer since I was going to return this.
It's just a good thing I didn't get out my pocketknife and slit open the book bindings looking for those discs.....
Hey hey hey.. some of us are actually AARP members!!! ;)

Back