• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

16 Acclaimed Multichannel Classical SACDs - Many Sealed - $150 Shipped For All

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rasalas

QQ Supporter
I'm getting rid of 16 multichannel classical SACDs that I've acquired in various collecting binges after deciding that I'll never listen to them or that they duplicate releases or works I already have. Most are still sealed. I had planned to list them on eBay as a lot, because I really don't want to get into sending a bunch of individual packages. But I thought I'd post here first to see if anyone wanted to call dibs on them at a great price first. I really don't want to wrestle with listing these on eBay.

Because shipping internationally is cost-prohibitive, this is for U.S. buyers only, and I'd ship by media mail.

I added the cheapest version of all of these to an Amazon cart (including discounted used copies even when mine might be new and sealed), and it totaled well over $300. I'll sell these for $150 shipped by U.S. media mail to anyone who wants them all. That price of $9.38 shipped per disc is only if they are bought as a lot.

These are recent releases of highly acclaimed performances from record labels known for excellent sound quality.

* Isang Yun: Sunrise Falling (Pentatone Oxingale) - Dennis Russell Davies, Bruckner Orchester Linz, Matt Haimovitz, Yumi Hwang-Williams, Maki Namekawa - sealed
1689796156430.png

“Surely one of the finest works for cello and orchestra of the last 50 years.” - The Guardian

* Mozart: Violin Concertos Nos.1, 2 & 3 (LSO Live) - Nikolaj Znaider (Artist), London Symphony Orchestra (Orchestra) - sealed
1689790713830.png

"Znaider's ... new recording of the first three concertos with the LSO … is notable for the purity of his sound." - BBC Music Magazine

* Evocation: Violin Works by Paul Ben-Haim (BIS) - Itamar Zorman (Artist), Paul Ben-Haim (Composer), Philippe Bach (Conductor), BBC National Orchestra of Wales (Orchestra) - sealed
1689790826341.png

"Superbly played by the young violinist Itamar Zorman, making his recording debut." - The Observer

* Vaughan Williams: Symphonies Nos 4 & 6 (LSO Live) - Antonio Pappano (Artist), London Symphony Orchestra (Orchestra) - sealed
1689790905306.png

"There is so much musicality and great playing here that I cannot resist offering a strong recommendation." - Fanfare

* Handel's Last Prima Donna: Giulia Frasi in London (Chaconne/Chandos) - Ruby Hughes, with Laurence Cummings and the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment - sealed
1689791044552.png

"Ruby Hughes’s vocalism fits Frasi’s song perfectly. … Cummings turns even the rawest musical material into gold. … This disc is a treat. - BBC Music Magazine

* Rachmaninoff: Trio élégiaque Nos. 1 & 2, Vocalise (Reference Recordings) - Hermitage Piano Trio - sealed
1689791168149.png

"This is best recording I have heard of Trio 1 — and that goes for the sound as well. Trio 2 is similar." - American Record Guide

* Hymns of Kassiani (Capella Records) - Cappella Romana - sealed
1689791342679.png

"In this multi-channel hybrid SACD, discover the worlds earliest music by a female composer: 9th-century nun, poet, and hymnographer Kassianí (Kassía)."

* C.P.E. Bach, Haydn & Beethoven: Symphonies (Dux) - Chamber Orchestra of the Academy of Music in Gdansk, conducted by Sigiswald Kuijken
1689791458157.png

Contains Bach's Symphony in F, Haydn's Symphony No. 39 and LVB's Symphony No. 1

* Ravel: Daphnis & Chloe
(Coviello Classics) - Sinfonieorchester Aachen, conducted by Kazem Abdullah
1689791934555.png

"Abdullah cultivates … a bright, transparent orchestral sound free of dull pathos and also rediscovers colours in this score." - Aachener Nachrichten

* Rachel Podger: Vivaldi's Four Seasons (Channel Classics) - With Brecon Baroque
1689796012164.png

Selected as being among the best recordings by BBC Magazine, Gramophone and Diapason

* Rachel Podger: Guardian Angel (Channel Classics) - Works by Heinrich Ignaz Franz von Biber, Giuseppe Tartini, Johann Sebastian Bach, Johann Georg Pisendel and Nicola Matteis - sealed (pinhole through UPC)
1689792226716.png

"This is a remarkably beautiful recital. I doubt the solo violin has ever been more exquisitely recorded in surround." - MusicWeb International

* Howells: Cello Concerto & An English Mass (Kings College) - The Choir of King's College Cambridge, with Guy Johnston, Stephen Cleobury and the Britten Sinfonia - sealed
1689792391931.png

"All of the works were recorded in the warmly resonant King’s College Chapel. ... It’s altogether a fine collection of unfamiliar music." - The Guardian

* J.S. Bach: Brandenburg Concertos Nos.1-6 (Harmonia Mundi) - Academy Of Ancient Music
1689792560957.png

"A recording you must hear, if only to hear how the boundaries of these extraordinary concertos can be stretched." - BBC Music Magazine

* Daydreams (Pentatone Oxingale) - Tippet Rise Opus 2017
1689792649935.png

Works by Kernis, Enescu, Bozza, Adams, Kahane, Bach and Chopin recorded in "performance spaces of acoustic perfection."

* Domo (Pentatone Oxingale) - Tippet Rise Opus 2016 - sealed
1689792915792.png

Works by Scriabin, Abril, Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky and Chopin recorded in "performance spaces of acoustic perfection."

* Troika (Pentatone Oxingale) - Cellist Matt Haimovitz and pianist Christopher O'Riley
1689793128608.png

"Acclaimed for their adventurous and wide-ranging recording projects ... the endlessly inventive duo of cellist Matt Haimovitz and pianist Christopher O Riley returns to explore music of the Slavic soul," including works by Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev and Shostakovich.

Back