The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bill B , does that bridge collapse in Baltimore affect you at all?

I live within 5 miles of that bridge and can get to it in about 10 minutes by car. For the most part I rarely need to go to that side of metro-Baltimore, so it won't be an issue for me personally, but it will be daily for tens of thousands for a long time. The port will be shutdown for (I'm guessing) a couple of weeks until they can clear the debris from the channel, so that could cause some issues beyond the local impact.

Really sad to see anything like that collapse so quickly. Especially something I see at least once a week in my travels (even though I rarely traverse it).

Very thankful that it happened at 1:30AM. Six hours later and it would have been much, much worse.

I live within 5 miles of that bridge and can get to it in about 10 minutes by car. For the most part I rarely need to go to that side of metro-Baltimore, so it won't be an issue for me personally, but it will be daily for tens of thousands for a long time. The port will be shutdown for (I'm guessing) a couple of weeks until they can clear the debris from the channel, so that could cause some issues beyond the local impact.

Really sad to see anything like that collapse so quickly. Especially something I see at least once a week in my travels (even though I rarely traverse it).

Very thankful that it happened at 1:30AM. Six hours later and it would have been much, much worse.
Word is the vessel issued a mayday, and as a result, police were able to stop any further traffic from getting on the bridge before the collapse.

What do they say, "timing is everything?" :( There was an avalanche at a local ski resort in New York on Christmas Eve a few years back at 5:30 AM. Had it occurred three hours later, many people would have been severely injured. No one expects an avalanche at a small Catskills ski area with low angle slopes, but it happened.

I wonder if anyone ever expected a huge cargo ship to take out the Key Bridge in one shot like that. And now the Port Of Baltimore is closed in addition to the Interstate.

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 1.03.47 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 1.03.25 PM.jpg

Word is the vessel issued a mayday, and as a result, police were able to stop any further traffic from getting on the bridge before the collapse.
I still think there were six or seven vehicles on the bridge when it collapsed, but yes, they did, and it probably saved more than a few lives.

Just a reminder that shit happens every day. We take for granted the millions of things that have to go right across the globe each day to prevent chaos and calamity.

Edit: I see that the vehicles that fell in, may all be those of the construction workers that were on the bridge at the time. There are at least 6 people unaccounted for.

Last edited:

Travis Kelce Vows Chiefs Will Clinch Third Straight Super Bowl Win​

That is quite a vow considering that football is a game where every snap of the ball involves potential injury. Then there is also the randomness of a single elimination tournament. And he makes this statement when 31 other teams are already gunning for the Chiefs and really don't need any additional motivation.

Back