The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A number of older players have come to play for the Jets at the end of their careers, or very close to the end. Ditto with the NY Rangers, Mets, etc.

I.e. Willy Mays among others.
I saw Willie play at the Polo Grounds where centerfield went on forever. Those were the days when the pitching staff was stacked with 20 game losers.

I bet that Sonik remembers the 1985 World Series. It was KC vs. St. Louis. That’s right, it was an all-Missouri Fall Classic!
I realize that was a Big Deal. But I guaranty I didn't watch a single game of the series. Probably caught some high lights on evening news. Baseball is way too slow to keep my attention, noting that things have improved in later years to move it at a slightly faster pace. All I can remember about the Royals back then was George Brett.

But I do remember much about seeing the first Back to the Future movie in 1985. Matinee performance at our Glenwood theater. SOTA for the time. Big bright sharp screen in Dolby Stereo. Now that was epic!

Baseball is way too slow to keep my attention, noting that things have improved in later years to move it at a slightly faster pace.
I cannot watch a baseball game on TV anymore. Many people say that. There are too many distractions competing with watching a baseball game. I'm surprised that the game is still popular on TV. However, going to a game is a different story because there is so much going on like hot dogs and beer and talking to the people around you about everything else but the game. Minor league games are especially fun with the inter-inning activities; sometimes fireworks after the game; etc.

Our local Yankee minor league affiliate, the Somerset Patriots has a dog mascot named Sparkee after Sparky Lyle, former Yankees pitcher, who was the first manager of the Patriots:

sparkee.jpg

The New York Times is reporting that Nicole Shanahan, a Silicon Valley lawyer and investor, will be named as RFK Jr.’s running mate. I post this only to relieve our NFL football fans that Aaron Rodgers should be ready to play football. One @ar surround should especially have his day brightened up by this news.

Back