The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funeral.jpg

A long step from "not opposed to it" to "suiting up for it". Especially after not being on the field last season.
Besides, doesn't his network contract kick in this year?
Sounds like he was just feeding the media.
agreed. and he would be a fool to put his 47 year old body out there against 25 year old blitzing linebackers. It would not end well

Hines Ward is now the wide receivers coach for Arizona State. He most recently was with the XFL. He has previously held other assistant coaching positions in the NFL. Who knows, he may someday be an NFL Head Coach. At age 48, he has a lot of potential coaching career time left. BTW, I loved his cameo in "The Dark Knight Rises."

Happy J-Rob Day (42!). Jackie Robinson is a hero of mine. One of the earliest birthday cards I gave my daughter, when she was newly literate, sported a Robinson quotation on the front (“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives”). I made sure I followed up with her by giving her my favorite Jackie Robinson story, from the preface to his autobiography which was written the year he died, in which he describes the opening day of his first world series appearance; the story ends with this paragraph:

There I was, the black grandson of a slave, the son of a black sharecropper, part of a historic occasion, a symbolic hero to my people. The air was sparkling. The sunlight was warm. The band struck up the national anthem. The flag billowed in the wind. It should have been a glorious moment for me as the stirring words of the national anthem poured from the stands. Perhaps it was, but then again perhaps the anthem could be called the theme song for a drama called The Noble Experiment. Today as I look back on that opening game of my first world series, I must tell you that it was Mr. Rickey’s drama and that I was only a principal actor. As I write this twenty years later, I cannot stand and sing the anthem. I cannot salute the flag; I know that I am a black man in a white world. In 1972, in 1947, at my birth in 1919, I know that I never had it made.

Happy J-Rob Day (42!). Jackie Robinson is a hero of mine. One of the earliest birthday cards I gave my daughter, when she was newly literate, sported a Robinson quotation on the front (“A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives”). I made sure I followed up with her by giving her my favorite Jackie Robinson story, from the preface to his autobiography which was written the year he died, in which he describes the opening day of his first world series appearance; the story ends with this paragraph:

There I was, the black grandson of a slave, the son of a black sharecropper, part of a historic occasion, a symbolic hero to my people. The air was sparkling. The sunlight was warm. The band struck up the national anthem. The flag billowed in the wind. It should have been a glorious moment for me as the stirring words of the national anthem poured from the stands. Perhaps it was, but then again perhaps the anthem could be called the theme song for a drama called The Noble Experiment. Today as I look back on that opening game of my first world series, I must tell you that it was Mr. Rickey’s drama and that I was only a principal actor. As I write this twenty years later, I cannot stand and sing the anthem. I cannot salute the flag; I know that I am a black man in a white world. In 1972, in 1947, at my birth in 1919, I know that I never had it made.
Hank Aaron was receiving death threats as he was approaching Babe Ruth’s all time home run record. Nonetheless, he persevered.

Hank Aaron was receiving death threats as he was approaching Babe Ruth’s all time home run record. Nonetheless, he persevered.
Assholes.

I loved to watch Aaron hit. Every home run looked like he was just casually stroking the ball for a pop fly, yet they kept going, going until gone. My roommate said, "I thought it was going to be a routine fly ball."

715 deserves another look:

Congratulations to my New York Rangers for winning the NHL President's Trophy last night (best record in the regular season.)

That is usually the kiss of death come the playoffs.

View attachment 104511
the Bruins know this sequence all too well. And my Red Wings need a win tonite in Montreal and a Capitols loss to get back into the playoffs for the first time since 2016

Last edited:
Back