HiRez Poll Hootie & The Blowfish - CRACKED REAR VIEW [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Hootie & The Blowfish - CRACKED REAR VIEW

• 10: Great Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2024 reissue of Hootie & The Blowfish's 1994 album "Cracked Rear View".
The standalone Blu-Ray from WB/Rhino contains a Dolby Atmos mix of the album, as well as the 5.1 surround mix previously released issued on DVD-Audio in 2005.

The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:

HootieBlowfish_CrackedRear_BluRay-min.png

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/new-dolby-atmos-bluray-discs-from-rhino.35755/

I'm giving this one a 9. I've deducted a point because the Atmos version of Hannah Jane, has an 'upmixed' sound to it except for the backing vocals. Otherwise it is a really good Atmos mix of a classic album from its time period. I'm very happy with it...other than the resulting endless earworms from these catchy tunes. ;)

Highly recommended.

Back