SPOTLIGHT Joni Mitchell The Asylum Albums (1972-1975) (Quadio Boxed Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm knee deep into studying this new at least put together very good box set, Big Time Rhino, Big Time to quote Ronnie Hawkins when he opened with The Band at The last Waltz, Big Time Bill, Big Time.
My point is hope you have a magnifying glass at least for poor eyes like me, the writing is very small. No liner notes, that's weird. I do not consider Neil Youngs (southern man don't need him around, anyhow) blurb as liner notes.
joni_mitchell_quadio_rhino.com_square_padded_800x800.jpg

I'm knee deep into studying this new at least put together very good box set, Big Time Rhino, Big Time to quote Ronnie Hawkins when he opened with The Band at The last Waltz, Big Time Bill, Big Time.
My point is hope you have a magnifying glass at least for poor eyes like me, the writing is very small. No liner notes, that's weird. I do not consider Neil Youngs (southern man don't need him around, anyhow) blurb as liner notes.
View attachment 104740
Seriously, Markie, you should've ordered the LARGE TYPE edition!

But hopefully you'll enjoy the STUNNING sonics in larger than life ATMOS!

I’d like to hear more details on the ‘Miles of Aisles’ and ‘For the Roses’ Quad and Atmos mixes please. The L.A. Express was one of my fav bands from those days.

View attachment 104718
fwiw, there's possibly at least one set of unreleased L.A. Express Quad mixes in the vault, Mister P. 🤗

Mine is now coming today, not tomorrow. Joni's box. :hi
Rain has just moved in, and luckily, working from my home office today. I can grab it before it sits in the rain.

I've learned from many Fedex so-called "estimated delivery" tracking info, this:

Delivery is nearly always 1-2 days after their ETD. Mine was supposed to deliver yesterday by "end of day" but the tracking showed it being "on the way" in some small town about 40 miles SE of Birmingham AL in the middle of nowhere. Why there instead of the Birmingham depot is beyond me. So let's see---at least an hour to get to Birmingham, unpack truck, sort, route on new truck, about a 2.5 hr drive to metro Atlanta, then about 45 min to get from I-20-I285-I75 northward to the Acworth GA depot (about 10 min away from our house!), IF it doesn't stop in Atlanta 1st, then unpacked and sent out for delivery, all by "end of day" = highly creative estimating = BS delivery dates.

This pattern has happened with Fedex so many times, when I see their est delivery, I always add the requisite 1 day and pretty much on target, that is unless they lose it! Which has happened along with UPS.

So your actual delivery day being 1 day later doesn't surprise. They're just being consistent! ;)

Last edited:
I've learned from many Fedex so-called "estimated delivery" tracking info, this:

Delivery is nearly always 1-2 days after their ETD. Mine was supposed to deliver yesterday by "end of day" but the tracking showed it being "on the way" in some small town about 40 miles SE of Birmingham AL in the middle of nowhere. Why there instead of the Birmingham depot is beyond me. So let's see---at least an hour to get to Birmingham, unpack truck, sort, route on new truck, about a 2.5 hr drive to metro Atlanta, then about 45 min to get from I-20-I285-I75 northward to the Acworth GA depot, IF it doesn't stop in Atlanta 1st, then unpacked and sent out for delivery, all by "end of day" = BULLSHIT.

This pattern has happened with Fedex so many times, when I see their est delivery, I always add the requisite 1 day and pretty much on target, that is unless they lose it! Which has happened.

So your actual delivery day being 1 day later doesn't surprise ;) :D
Mine arrived a day early, not later. Which was good. What wasn't good was the damage once I tore into the outer box. Return request already initiated. :( I didn't even bother to unwrap it. No way I'm keeping that.

1713960114244.png

Mine arrived a day early, not later. Which was good. What wasn't good was the damage once I tore into the outer box. Return request already initiated. :( I didn't even bother to unwrap it. No way I'm keeping that.
View attachment 104746

Wow! Good news, bad news :(

Mine is supposed to deliver today, as I expected. Hope not in the same condition! Sorry to see your mangled like that. I hope the replacement process with Rhino & re-delivery is smooth for you.

My Fedex drivers like to leave boxes out in the open or in front of a garage door so it can get rained on or run over backing out.
I wasn't home all day yesterday when the package arrived. I took a chance and pinned a note on the front door for the Fed Ex guy to leave the package in another location on my property which was covered and out of view from the street; i.e. front door. He followed it perfectly and I thank him for it!

Mine just got delivered. Nice sturdy box, bubble wrapped, perfect shape! Label said it shipped from Joni Mitchell LaVista CA. Could be a special shipping facility? Or not from a Rhino warehouse? Anyway, I hope this type of packaging continues with their normal Quadio releases. Far superior to Gnarlywood's packaging for sure. No comparison!

And these albums are in sturdy box set sleeve with beautiful artwork, just like her music.

Well done, Rhino!

Mine just got delivered. Nice sturdy box, bubble wrapped, perfect shape! Label said it shipped from Joni Mitchell LaVista CA. Could be a special shipping facility? Or not from a Rhino warehouse? Anyway, I hope this type of packaging continues with their normal Quadio releases. Far superior to Gnarlywood's packaging for sure. No comparison!

And these albums are in sturdy box set sleeve with beautiful artwork, just like her music.

Well done, Rhino!
My 2 bluray audios, AMosrisette and Hootie, arrived last Monday in a dhl plastic bag with no protection whatsoever, just the two amaray cases inside. Miraculously no damaged or cracked cases. I hope my JMitchell's quadio boxset comes with some kind of protection.
Those who already have it, was it shipped well protected?

I don't know what's going on with mine. What does "Close Bag" mean? I hope it get's on it's way soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-24 122459.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-24 122459.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Wow
Reactions: GOS
Back