How are you ripping your ATMOS Blu Rays?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not used my OPPO BDP-103 for playing audio files for quite a while but when I did I primarily played music with .cue sheet files. And rarely had any issues.

Perhaps the players 'persistent storage' needs clearing...
I will try that. Thanks.

You might want to consider buying a standalone media player. BD players do not give a good user experience for file playback.
Yes, I was thinking this might be the best option. Any particular recommendations?

I rarely use my BDP-103D these days, except to play an occasional movie or music disc or rip an SACD. My experience playing files on it or my X-800s is not optimal.
I agree with the X800 playback of music. I only use it for 4K material. However I have 36 TB of music and video files attached to it and rarely have an issue.

The NVidia Shield Pro 4K is worth considering
Thanks - have been doing some research in the meantime and that does keep popping up. Just to add a bit more background: am looking for something that can run Kodi headless and will easily play Atmos rips gapless. I think the Shield Pro will do that, but is there a simpler option as I'm not too bothered about the bells and whistles that the Shield Pro will give me as well?

It’s very likely the Shield Tube will also do that and is quite a bit cheaper. I had to upgrade because I use Plex to play my 4K UltraHD backups (MKV) and the Tube kept stuttering, the 150% greater RAM in the Pro solved that issue. I had no problems with BD backups (Plex) and audio playback (Kodi front end, Plex server) with the Tube.

Thanks - have been doing some research in the meantime and that does keep popping up. Just to add a bit more background: am looking for something that can run Kodi headless and will easily play Atmos rips gapless. I think the Shield Pro will do that, but is there a simpler option as I'm not too bothered about the bells and whistles that the Shield Pro will give me as well?
Another option is to use a Firestick. Very cheap. Maybe not as robust as an Nvidia Shield.

Here is the how to:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/amazon-firestick-4k-max-for-surround-music.35316/

Have been looking at the OSMC Vero V which comes with Kodi installed. Anyone have any experience with this?

Have been looking at the OSMC Vero V which comes with Kodi installed. Anyone have any experience with this?
I have the Vero 4K+, and I'm extremely happy with it. Using Kodi took a bit of a learning curve, but I stopped trying to learn more when I had learned enough to play all the types of files I want to.

I have the Vero 4K+, and I'm extremely happy with it. Using Kodi took a bit of a learning curve, but I stopped trying to learn more when I had learned enough to play all the types of files I want to.
Thanks. Can I run it headless? Any issues with playing Atmos files gapless?

Thanks. Can I run it headless? Any issues with playing Atmos files gapless?
I don't have any experience running it headless or playing Atmos files gaplessly because I always have a monitor on with my system, and playing files gaplessly is not a priority for me. It's my understanding that Kodi behaves more or less the same on different units, and there is a lot of info out there about using Kodi. Another resource for info about the Vero units is: https://discourse.osmc.tv/

I don't have any experience running it headless or playing Atmos files gaplessly because I always have a monitor on with my system, and playing files gaplessly is not a priority for me. It's my understanding that Kodi behaves more or less the same on different units, and there is a lot of info out there about using Kodi. Another resource for info about the Vero units is: https://discourse.osmc.tv/
Kodi will play gapless Atmos files provided they are ripped correctly and are accompanied by a cue file. Plenty of info on this site about how to do that.

Back