What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like very much that pic on post#24 BYRDMANIAX SQ JAPANESE SONY, it's too bad the music is not one of better Byrds releases.

(Shame on you for discussing bootlegs on those prior posts though, the moderator must have been sleeping)

Well the Mandingo lll, is a very good pressing.

The ELO'S (still kicking myself) I returned for a replacement they reordered and of course stereo again when it came in, but I don't remember at the time whether or not I looked at the vinyl imprint #? In hindsite I should have kept the second disc but stupidly thought it was just another bad selection.
All in all it's good that I have now the cd/dvd with the quad mix finally, not to mention the Early ELO 3 disc cd with 4 tracks in quad, plus the 2004 Early ELO cd with quad tracks from ELO 1 & 2. This later is a must for any collection of quad and may still be available on the "Face the Music " website.

The Byrds are one of my very favorite groups. Being a completist, I have Byrdmaniax in Quad, 2ch LP, original CD & remastered CD. It goes nowhere, IMHO. McGuinn later said the he kept the Byrds torch a bit too long. Byrdmaniax proves that.

I like very much that pic on post#24 BYRDMANIAX SQ JAPANESE SONY, it's too bad the music is not one of better Byrds releases.

(Shame on you for discussing bootlegs on those prior posts though, the moderator must have been sleeping)

Hi. ALL
These are some of my Quad LP`S got just recently (SQ CBS. George Gershwin) - (QS PYE. Ken Moule & his Radio Orchestra) - (QS PYE. Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture) - (QS PYE. My Friends The Stars The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
Bill....

View attachment 19380
View attachment 19381
View attachment 19382
View attachment 19383

The Gershwin has some decent, if not extreme, quad goings on. It's not a four separate corners of the room mix, but cohesive. I'm only going by the first track so far as it is playing.

Last edited:
ForumRunner_20150621_124106.jpg

ForumRunner_20150621_124119.jpg

ForumRunner_20150621_124140.jpg

I hope this one plays better than it looks. For $5.99 it was worth a shot at some SQ Glam.

Mott.jpg

Hi. MyCuff
I use a Spin Clean Record Washer MKII. There cheapish on Ebay and I think they do a good job on cleaning the LP`S
you my need to clean more than once Bill....(y)
I hope this one plays better than it looks. For $5.99 it was worth a shot at some SQ Glam.

View attachment 19480

Last edited:
I have thought about getting one of those. I am pretty happy with my GEM Dandy record cleaner, but moving to a house with well water, so not sure if that will change my cleaning methods.

One of my favourite imports in SQ.

It's a shame these discs by ASHRA TEMPEL did not make it to dvd, dvda, or sacd in surround.The quad is quite good and the music is a blend of prog and psychedelic.
Although I think most did eventually get released on SQ cd by Spalax music.
20150630_194349.jpg20150630_194249.jpg20150630_194241.jpg

Well, that is the way it came to me! The inner sleeve is original with album info on it but does not mention SQ on it either.

Probably a quad record that lost it's sleeve and got married with a common stereo sleeve. I almost did that with my Simon and Garfunkel quad that didnt have a sleeve but I finally got another copy :)

Seems appropriate that my latest QS addition has a very unusual arrangement of 'The Stars and Stripes' to kick off today's 4th of July listening!

IMG_3048.jpg IMG_3049.jpg

Back