What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh all over really.. eBay, Discogs, online, private sellers.. just like the old Quad records I'm picking them up as they come along wherever they come along, its such fun!

Interesting you say that since I've been watching eBay lately and some good stuff comes and goes (a copy of derringer's "all American boy" on Q8 sold for like $90 recently wtf) but those good Columbia titles like EWF, Edgar/johnny winter, etc don't appear often. Hope you are making backups of some of these...

Also if you ever get ahold of "they only come out at night" on Q8 PM me immediately...I'd give anything to hear that one discrete.

Jackson Browne- Late For The Sky

IMG_0102.jpg

Hi. All

Catching up with some more Quad tapes.

( W.B. Q4 WSTQ 2690-QF -Awakining The Mystic Mood )-
( Capricorn. Q8 CAP 2X9 0131 -The Allman Brothers Band At The Fillmore East )-
( Columbia. Q8 CAQ-31308 Carlos Santana Buddy Miles Live. )-
( Grunt. Q8 BFT1-0717 -Jefferson Star Ship Dragon Fly )-
( U.A. Q8 BN-DA140-H -Street Lady )-
( Atlantic. RSO Q8 QT 4806 -Eric Clapton There`s One In Every Crowd )-
( W.B. Q8 0797 -James Taylor One Man Dog :Factor Sealed New )-

RR.jpg
IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
IMG_2116.jpg
Untitled_Panorama4.jpg

Very exciting times...some great Q8 titles I've been looking for awhile are on their way!

BTO II

Edgar Winter Group- They Only Come Out At Night

David Essex- Rock On

Hi. All

More Q4 tapes came today.

( Alshire International. Q4 QS-11 -101 Strings plus Guitars )-
( Alshire International. Q4 QS-15 -101 Strings music from Fiddler on the Roof & other songs)-
( Project3. Q4 PR4C 5077 -Future Sound Shock Enoch Light & The Light Brigade )-
( Project3. Q4 PR4C 5049 -The Big Band Hits of the 30`s Enoch Light & The Light Brigade )-
( Project3. Q4 PR4C 5086 -Great Hits From The Great Gatsby Era Enoch Light & The Light Brigade )-

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
IMG_2136.jpg

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg
IMG_2133.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
IMG_2130.jpg

Untitled_Panorama4.jpg
IMG_2139.jpg

Untitled_Panorama5.jpg

I just adore these tapes, if i was rich I'd go after all the Q8s, if was well off or better off I'd grab all the reel to Reel's.

So do you guys think that more titles or more pieces are coming into the market as the original owners lose interest, or pass on the the great gig in the sky? Or is it getting harder as fewer items appear for sale?

I just adore these tapes, if i was rich I'd go after all the Q8s, if was well off or better off I'd grab all the reel to Reel's.

So do you guys think that more titles or more pieces are coming into the market as the original owners lose interest, or pass on the the great gig in the sky? Or is it getting harder as fewer items appear for sale?

The last batch of (about 20) quad reels I got came from a kijiji ad. Some young guy's father passed away, and he had no use for them once he got tired of trying to figure out how the tape deck worked. It was an Akai deck at a good price, so I wasn't surprised that it sold quickly.

I then asked if he had any tapes, and he did. All of them were good titles; mostly rock, some classical, but no D-V elevator music. Some I already had, but I did get a few that I was looking for. You have to love the iPhone generation. :rolleyes:

Hi. quicksrt

Quadraphonic soft ware Q4 Q8 CD-4 SQ QS is my great hobby & passion now, but it is a expensive road to go down but if you are patient and look hard on the internet you can come up with some great bargains but it takes time hunting..

Hi. quicksrt

Quadraphonic soft ware Q4 Q8 CD-4 SQ QS is my great hobby & passion now, but it is a expensive road to go down but if you are patient and look hard on the internet you can come up with some great bargains but it takes time hunting..

How many Q4s do you own? Most all of the 101 Strings and budget easy listening is never coming out again in quad or at all. This is really the moment they get preserved, or lost to the sands of time.

How many Q4s do you own? Most all of the 101 Strings and budget easy listening is never coming out again in quad or at all. This is really the moment they get preserved, or lost to the sands of time.

I would have about 125 Q4 tapes and about 100+ Q8 tapes of different categories of music Rock Jazz & light music.
I think of the 101 string tapes I have on Q4 tape I`ve got about 9 out off 20 in that 101 string catalog, I do have the complete 101 strings on Quad LP`s which are EV or QS matrix.
Bill.

Hi. All
Back with some more Q4 & Q8.

( London. Q4 LON H 1907 Dolby -Musical Moments With Mantovani :Factory Sealed New )-
( GRT. Vangaurd Q8 8183-10098 E -Matrin Berinaum The Great American Trumpet Virtuoso )-
( Enterprise Records. Q8 EQ8 2-5002 -Shaft Isaac Hayes tape 2. I have the full set now. )-

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

I bought this one for curiosity it states it is stereo compatible with 8 Track players I assume it stereo front & back channels has any body come across this type of Q8 tape before..

IMG_2161.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Last edited:
Back