What's the Latest QUAD TAPE Added to Your Pile? Q8, Q4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm...let's say a friend lent me a dub. But mods can delete this post if it's not kosher to utter such things. At any rate, I'll seek out the CD-4 LP. (And hope that Rhino is somehow inspired to re-release this title!)

is this somebody elses' conversion? (not really supposed to chat about those out in the open on QQ afaik?)

fwiw the CD-4 LP does not sound like that, its great!

Erm...let's say a friend lent me a dub. But mods can delete this post if it's not kosher to utter such things. At any rate, I'll seek out the CD-4 LP. (And hope that Rhino is somehow inspired to re-release this title!)

haha.. fair enough! we could all do with more friends with dubs!
I recommend the CD-4 of this Donny Hathaway Quad, its pretty nice sounding (my copy is pressed off-centre but I just ream out the holes a bit on those problematic discs and then adjust the disc on the platter by eye so the arm swings back and forth as little as poss., helps somewhat).. for my sins I'm playing around with the Q8 of this Quad at the moment, the tape sounds rather nice.. but its all running too fast, so before I put a mallet thru it all I'm going to see if I can get the machine looked at or something, maybe I should get my head examined at the same time as I promised myself I wouldn't get back into 8 tracks again and whoopsydaisy, whaddyaknow! :D

(I hate to be that person to bring up the conversion thing btw.. and tbh I'm not that person as I'm just any old member its upto a Mod to say what's what.. but more than anything you've hit the nail on the head, if the labels would reissue these Quad gems there'd be no need to resort to sourcing conversions..!)

Hi. All

I`ve been bizzy lately building a retainer wall on my property so things have been backing up on me Quad wise her I`ll start with this lot.

( Alshire- Inter: Q4 QS-4 101Strings Todays Hits )-
( Project3. Q4 PR4C-505 -Enoch Light Hit Movies Themes )-
( Project3. Q4 PR4C-5042 -Enoch Light and The Brass Menagerie )-
( London. Q4 LON- J17193 -Annuzio-Paolo-Mantovani Mantovani & his Orchestra 25th. Anniversary Album )-

IMG_1946.jpg
IMG_1947.jpg
IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_203S7.jpg
IMG_2038.jpg
IMG_2039.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1950.jpg
IMG_1951.jpg

Hi. All

More of my back log

( Philadelphia In. Records. Q8 ZAQ 32408 -The O`Jays Ship Ahoy )-
( Buddah Records. Q8 BUD L-75129 -The Black Motion Pictures Experience-The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sound )-
( Columbia CBS. Q8 ZAQ 32952 -Billy Paul Live in Europe )-
( Epic CBS. Q8 EAQ 31584 -The Edgar Winter Group They Only Come Out at Night )-
( Atco. Q8 ATC QT-7016 -Black Oak Arkansas )-
( Columbia CBS. Q8 CAQ 31610 -Santana Caravanserai )-
( ABC. Q8 C702222-779 -Steely Dan Count Down to Ecstasy )-
( GRT. Q8 Q7101-101 Quad Sampler )-
( UA. Q8 UA-DA100-H -Live And Let Die Original Motion Picture Sound Track )-
( Ovation. Q8 OVT L 71602 0Holltwood Gold Vol.2 The Quadra Strings )-

Untitled_Panorama4.jpg
BBB.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
EEEEE.jpg
jjj.jpg
Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
Untitled_Panorama6.jpg
700.jpg
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

1812 Overture / Romeo & Juliet - Tchaikovsky - Ormandy, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Valley Forge Military Academy Band & Philadelphia Orchestra (Q8)

"Exciting new version especially created for surround sound..!!" KA-BOOM!! :nuke

dFQtObt.jpg

uenrPHx.jpg

jRbpQdv.jpg

:yikes looks like a piece of shrapnel took the RO out!

1812 Overture / Romeo & Juliet - Tchaikovsky - Ormandy, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Valley Forge Military Academy Band & Philadelphia Orchestra (Q8)

"Exciting new version especially created for surround sound..!!" KA-BOOM!! :nuke

uenrPHx.jpg

:yikes looks like a piece of shrapnel took the RO out!

haha.. :D that'll be it!
either that or a previous owner poked "an 'ole" in the label to get at the lugs to open the tape up and repair the blighter
(although I like the idea that a cannonball blew "a bloody great 'ole" in it better!)

haha.. :D that'll be it!
either that or a previous owner poked "an 'ole" in the label to get at the lugs to open the tape up and repair the blighter
(although I like the idea that a cannonball blew "a bloody great 'ole" in it better!)

That's what it looks like to me, someone who was trying to open the tape but didn't realise that you don't need to go through the rear label on those Columbia carts.

That's what it looks like to me, someone who was trying to open the tape but didn't realise that you don't need to go through the rear label on those Columbia carts.

i used to like the 3 tabs at the front type of carts, what you see is what you get with them lil' buggers, prise the 3 little lugs with the driver and ping you've got an open cart that can go back together good as new after you've fixed it.. ah the years and the tears.. its kinda bizarre, I used to play a lot of LPs and 8-tracks before I got into this surround stuff and now its come full circle in as much as I'm almost exclusively buying up LPs (and totally in the case of 8-tracks) these days purely because of Quad.. appropriately my music listening has come full circle but this time its in a circle.. yeah, a circle! :p

Q8's, From L to R;

What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits - Doobie Brothers,
Migration - Creative Source,
Back For A Taste Of Your Love - Syl Johnson,
Facts Of Life - Bobby Womack,
Sergio Mendes - Sergio Mendes

IhDpmj9.jpg

KHejaxC.jpg

y9KoHcj.jpg

Q8s, from L to R;

That's The Way Of The World - Earth, Wind & Fire,
Saints & Sinners - Johnny Winter,
New City - Blood, Sweat & Tears Ft. David Clayton-Thomas,
The Edgar Winter Group With Rick Derringer

75ABGK3.jpg

arEqCQY.jpg

tGZxJ1I.jpg

Q8s, from L to R;

That's The Way Of The World - Earth, Wind & Fire,
Saints & Sinners - Johnny Winter,
New City - Blood, Sweat & Tears Ft. David Clayton-Thomas,
The Edgar Winter Group With Rick Derringer

75ABGK3.jpg

arEqCQY.jpg

tGZxJ1I.jpg

Wow

Care to share where this gold mine of Q8s you found is???

Back