New guy to the multichannel asylum

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy_Boy

I have been lurking in this forum picking up tips and tricks as I start down the Atmos music path. I have been a long time audiophile of course mostly doing two channel analog (vinyl) and Digital CD). I got into streaming when I bought a Lumin A1 and a Synology NAS. I learned out to rip stereo SACD from the Oppo 103D. In that process I discovered I could rip mch SACD. Playing it back from the NAS via the Oppo worked but it was kludgey and not reliable. The Oppo could not always “see” the multichannel folder on the NAS. I also have been ripping my vinyl to DXD (24-352) as a long term project. Recently I upgraded to an Anthem AVM70 because I want to get into Atmos music. I added height speakers to my 5.2 system to get to a 5.2.4. I started streaming from Apple TV. Along the way I discovered that this was a lossy format, so I started buying Blu-rays or downloads from Immersive Audio Album.

Now I am on a path to figure out the best way for my system to stream Atmos music. I have no Windows computers (Mac only). I thinking I would be happy playing them back as video files just like playing the Blu-Ray so I get the menu of track. Looking at either NVIDIA Sheild/Kodi or the Neumi Atom with a USB SSD
Happy to be here on this path of discovery and enjoying great music along the way

I have been lurking in this forum picking up tips and tricks as I start down the Atmos music path. I have been a long time audiophile of course mostly doing two channel analog (vinyl) and Digital CD). I got into streaming when I bought a Lumin A1 and a Synology NAS. I learned out to rip stereo SACD from the Oppo 103D. In that process I discovered I could rip mch SACD. Playing it back from the NAS via the Oppo worked but it was kludgey and not reliable. The Oppo could not always “see” the multichannel folder on the NAS. I also have been ripping my vinyl to DXD (24-352) as a long term project. Recently I upgraded to an Anthem AVM70 because I want to get into Atmos music. I added height speakers to my 5.2 system to get to a 5.2.4. I started streaming from Apple TV. Along the way I discovered that this was a lossy format, so I started buying Blu-rays or downloads from Immersive Audio Album.

Now I am on a path to figure out the best way for my system to stream Atmos music. I have no Windows computers (Mac only). I thinking I would be happy playing them back as video files just like playing the Blu-Ray so I get the menu of track. Looking at either NVIDIA Sheild/Kodi or the Neumi Atom with a USB SSD
Happy to be here on this path of discovery and enjoying great music along the way
Welcome. There is plenty of info here on how to do what you want to accomplish.

Back