DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Corrected Reissue) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [Corrected Issue]

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I have a rip of this in DTS. Not sure if mine is the corrected edition or not. Any sure way of telling from the audio?
I looked into buying it but I see it selling for over 400 Euros... :yikes

I have a rip of this in DTS. Not sure if mine is the corrected edition or not. Any sure way of telling from the audio?
I looked into buying it but I see it selling for over 400 Euros... :yikes

If it's the uncorrected edition, you will hear at least 3 auditory glitches within the first 3 minutes, and they are very obvious.
If no glitches occur within the first 3 minutes, then you have the corrected version with flat (aka no) mastering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the uncorrected edition, you will hear at least 3 auditory glitches within the first 3 minutes, and they are very obvious.
If no glitches occur within the first 3 minutes, then you have the corrected version with flat (aka no) mastering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow... mine has been sitting in shrink wrap for a year... time to give it a listen! ( I guess I should start listening to my discs as soon as they arrive!)

The corrected disc also has a horizontal line on the right side of the disc.

FYI, there is a torrent out there that contains only the "repaired" files that you can merge with your uncorrected DVD and make a corrected disc. I'm not sure if I can link it here, but if you don't have the corrected disc it's worth downloading.

Is there any notification on packaging that is corrected ? If you where to buy it from various sellers are you just at the mercy until you open the box and listen.

Is there any notification on packaging that is corrected ? If you where to buy it from various sellers are you just at the mercy until you open the box and listen.

I literally just said above that the corrected DVD has a horizontal line on the right side.

I bought this one on Amazon USA last year... many reviewers returned the uncorrected versions without a problem, so that's why I went for it... I figured either Amazon was going to make sure they only sent out corrected copies, or I could return it. (They still have a couple copies for about $65 each)

I bought this one on Amazon USA last year... many reviewers returned the uncorrected versions without a problem, so that's why I went for it... I figured either Amazon was going to make sure they only sent out corrected copies, or I could return it. (They still have a couple copies for about $65 each)

All Isee is over $300.00

I bought a copy recently without the line, and it sounds fine -- whew!
Really? All copies without the line are the uncorrected version. It's not like some of them are okay and some aren't. Are you sure you know what to listen for?

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Really? All copies without the line are the uncorrected version. It's not like some of them are okay and some aren't. Are you sure you know what to listen for?

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

I'll listen again to the first 3 minutes and see; for the first three or so plays of the disk (this was last year; haven't played it since), I didn't hear any glitches: are they really that apparent?

Posted on the Hoffman forum -

"The new selection # and UPC has been assigned for the replacement product:
Jethro Tull “Thick As A Brick 40th Anniv.” [CD/DVD Combo]
Selection #: 410722B
UPC: 5099974107223 "

My boxed copy is this UPC number (and even though it is the replacement product, there is no black bar on the DVD). Is that why I don't hear glitches at 2:32, 2:48, and 3:03? (just listened again to be sure -- nope, not there).

Could it be only the individual replacements had the bar, and the subsequent boxed prints did not, even though it was a replacement product? If so, some of you may have returned perfectly good copies if it had the new UPC.

In any case, if buying it from someone in the future, ask the UPC number! I don't think the black line on the DVD is the only way to tell.

Last edited:
I'll listen again to the first 3 minutes and see; for the first three or so plays of the disk (this was last year; haven't played it since), I didn't hear any glitches: are they really that apparent?

Yes they sound like skips. I thought the replacement disks had the same UPC and everything else. The only difference was the line. What you are saying makes sense if there was a 2nd pressing.

Yes they sound like skips. I thought the replacement disks had the same UPC and everything else. The only difference was the line. What you are saying makes sense if there was a 2nd pressing.

Yes, but unfortunately the UPC is on the disks, and not the exterior box: you still have to open to find out if it is the replacement :(

Back