DVD/DTS Poll Soord, Bruce - LUMINESCENCE [DTS DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Bruce Soord - LUMINESCENCE

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2023 solo release from @Bruce Soord entitled "Luminescence".
The three-disc deluxe edition contains a DVD with 5.1 surround sound mixes of both "Luminescence" and a bonus album entitled "Our Ship Sails At Dusk".
Additionally, a Dolby Atmos mix of "Luminescence" is available via streaming as well as high-resolution Dolby TrueHD/Atmos MKV files from ImmersiveAudioAlbum.com

Bruce_Soord_Luminesence_Cover_80a1e1be51.jpg

61wabjxWWkL._SL1200_.jpg

Pre-release thread for all shipping/ordering queries and non-poll related posts:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...atmos-streaming-digital-download.34620/page-3

Another great album from a prolific songwriter, I don't know if Bruce made the correct choice with this release. I'm thrilled he decided to release Luminescence with a bonus disc. I was expecting his third album would come with some kind of bonus disc, that would be available in surround as part of the deluxe release for those of us who care, I didn't expect it to be a completely separate album Ala 8 years later,

I find myself listening ti Our Ship Sails at Dusk more than Luminescence. Should he have released these as separate simultaneous solo albums>. I don't know, From my perspective, its great, From the perspective of a fan who docent care about surround and didn't want to spend for a deluxe release, it seams like the wrong decision,

I like both albums, Sails a bit more. The mix is good, not exciting, but not a disappointment from Bruce. The sound is good for a DVD and the package is what I like, the album size book.

I give this one a 9,

So beautiful in many ways.
He really pours his heart out with his singing and lyrics
And to get a twofer, lovely.
Such a shame he didn't include an Atmos mix

Although IAA is happy to provide one for Luminescence.

Bruce is a master of his art in songwriting, music and intelligent mixing.

A high 10
The Atmos mix is also up on Apple Music for those of us who can't or won't do downloads, and it's real good as expected from Bruce. :)

Authentic Bruce in his introspective composition and improving the art of surround mixing.

Although I had the Luminiscence Atmos TrueHD from IAA, I got the DVD to have the bonus album ‘Our Ship Sails at Dusk’.

The 5.1 DTS surround is good enough immersive and sounds very good. I really don’t miss an Atmos mix for the bonus album. Especially notable the mix of the vocals, all spread around instead of the usual frontal stage.

I think I like more the bonus album. It's a little more varied musically.

I give a 10

Last edited:
I am digging the bonus “Our Ship Sales at Dusk” cd much more than the “Luminescence” disc but this another stellar offering from Bruce.

What a year - Two albums of new material and a retrospective box of PT’s early years!

He gets my vote again for surround artist of the year.

The mix is crisp and immersive. More than a couple awesome guitar solos but the album stays true to the slightly more spartan sound of his solo work.

Thanks Bruce!

Wish we could get it remixed in Atmos or 5.1. ;)
Since I originally got my Atmos files from IAA, I didn't realize the DVD had 5.1 mixes of both albums.
IMHO Bruce is every bit as talented as Steven Wilson doing these surround mixes.
I really love the 5.1 of "Our Ship Sails At Dusk", I feel it nearly rivals anything that could be done in Atmos, Awesome!
Thanks Bruce

Back