Eric Clapton - new boxset with 74/74 quad mixes & Scheiner 461 Ocean Blvd. 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems unlikely there'd be quad mixes of the outtakes.

Not necessarily.
Steven has done 5.1 mixes of alternate takes that were not used as well as out takes on many occasions, and in the current 5.1 mix we are working on some tracks have several different mixes (and I mean different) with all the makings of each version present & correct on the multitracks too. Started out as a 10-track project but has rapidly expanded into (currently) 14 with the alternates.

Not necessarily.
Steven has done 5.1 mixes of alternate takes that were not used as well as out takes on many occasions, and in the current 5.1 mix we are working on some tracks have several different mixes (and I mean different) with all the makings of each version present & correct on the multitracks too. Started out as a 10-track project but has rapidly expanded into (currently) 14 with the alternates.

This is going to be one wonderful set.
The release date cannot come fast enough for me........ ;) :p

What's the cheapest place to order to NA from right now for this one? Can't ignore this one any longer, will make an awesome xmas gift for my EC-crazy Dad as well who has recently added an SACD/BD player to his set-up.

Does SPIN remove VAT before shipping and have Amazon-like transatlantic shipping pricing? If so, that would be around US$65 shipped.

EDIT - no they do not remove it, and their shipping is 12 pounds. Guess I'll pre-order from the US and keep an eye on the UK one for it coming back into listing.

What's the cheapest place to order to NA from right now for this one? Can't ignore this one any longer, will make an awesome xmas gift for my EC-crazy Dad as well who has recently added an SACD/BD player to his set-up.

Amazon UK or Germany I guess where its approx £50. Shipping charges importing from Europe to US would be partially offset by the 20% VAT saving I imagine.

theres only one potential negative with this set I can see.. the packaging.

it appears it will be an unnecessarily oversized affair approximating the size of an LP.. I understand the scale/size of it befits the coffee table-esque book bound nature of the package but I'd happily forego the book for a few quids saving and some space-saving on my shelves if it were to come in a CD-sized digibook instead.

ah well, you can't win 'em all.. I'm especially excited to hear the maestro Elliot Scheiner's 5.1 of 461..! (who knew it even existed!? makes you wonder how many other surround mixes by Elliot Scheiner are just languishing in the vaults??)

Never been charged duty on anything into NY state from Amazon UK which is great, and shipping even on large boxsets is still 3 pounds. Unfortunately the Amazon UK link is "currently unavailable" so cannot be pre-ordered at this time.

Never been charged duty on anything into NY state from Amazon UK which is great, and shipping even on large boxsets is still 3 pounds. Unfortunately the Amazon UK link is "currently unavailable" so cannot be pre-ordered at this time.

something is wrong. I have always had to pay vat on exports and I am in NYS also.

something is wrong. I have always had to pay vat on exports and I am in NYS also.

Do you order as part of a business or to a residential address? I've got orders dating back to 2002 and I've never paid any customs or duty on packages coming into NYS from the UK (or Amazon DE). I ship to Canada most of the time if the order will be under CDN$60 otherwise THEY will charge me duty, but for orders where it's going to be more than that I ship to a friend in Buffalo.

One large order for example was four of the Oasis 2LP sets from 2009, was over 70 pounds with the 6 pounds shipping (only 6 pounds for FOUR 2LP heavyweight vinyl sets) and not a penny in US customs/duty.

mmmm.... the Amazon Germany description is very tantalising, given what I found on Universal's own store earlier...

"• einen brandneuen 5.1 Surround Sound Mix von 461 und den quadrofonischen Mix beider Studioalben und des Livealbums auf Blu-ray.

which translates as...

a brand new 5.1 surround sound mix of 461 and quadraphonic mixes of both studio albums and the live albums on blu-ray

Unfortunately DE's shipping is about four times more than UK's. I have only had to suck it up and order from DE once or twice when I couldn't get something elsewhere. For example, 1LP = 3 pounds on UK to USA, but 14 Euro from DE to US. I'll keep my eye on the UK listing and signed up to be notified when it comes back in stock, I also get e-mail updates on this thread too.

Thanks!

Bloody Amazon. I hate them, I really do.
My UK order still shows as valid, yet the item is indeed listed as currently unavailable with the added helpful comment that they do not know if it will ever be available again.
I am not going via DE as last time I did that I got crucified on exchange rates & import taxes, as Amazon do not pay these & pass them on.
I cannot log in to the US site at all any more, it always reverts me to the UK one.

I've never had to pay any Import taxes on stuff from Germany, or anywhere in Europe. Loads of stuff from the U.S.A., I've been whammed for duty, the authorities have really tightened up on it the last few years.

Bloody Amazon. I hate them, I really do.
My UK order still shows as valid, yet the item is indeed listed as currently unavailable with the added helpful comment that they do not know if it will ever be available again.
I am not going via DE as last time I did that I got crucified on exchange rates & import taxes, as Amazon do not pay these & pass them on.
I cannot log in to the US site at all any more, it always reverts me to the UK one.

Say what you want about amazon, but amazon.co.uk is the only reason why I am able to afford a copy of "The Road to Red".
Usually for 5.1 products like this, I almost always order from Burning Shed, but this time it would have cost me almost $100 more just to ship the damn thing to the US (and all I would get extra for it is a T-shirt)!
amazon.co.uk's price with shipping to the US came to around $170, mostly cause we don't have to pay the VAT here.
So at that price, I went for it. Now I just have to wait until around Halloween before it will get here, but it will be worth it! :)

I've never had to pay any Import taxes on stuff from Germany, or anywhere in Europe. Loads of stuff from the U.S.A., I've been whammed for duty, the authorities have really tightened up on it the last few years.

Yep Government reduced the low value amount from £18 to £15 and allowed the Post office to charge a more commercial amount for the privilege of using there Deferment facilities. So they are happy to 'help' the government collect Duties and Taxes accordingly.

Back