Has anyone heard Exile on Main Street/Blu-Ray?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPR

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Please post your impressions
My favorite album; Stones at their best!
Would love to know how it compares to their latest re-master, which I consider their best

mine came in the mail the other day. it is clean, crisp and clear.. the menu for it is well designed too, not like the stones- grrrr ! blu ray.

mine came in the mail the other day. it is clean, crisp and clear.. the menu for it is well designed too, not like the stones- grrrr ! blu ray.

its great isn't it! I can't imagine it sounding much better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 248
jasong is right too, the menu is much nicer..!!

Fred,
i have two questions for you. 1. who is the guy Peter Sinclair is interviewing. I read the super deluxe website all the time.

2. I'm not a techie- what does 24bit/96k mean for a cd?

long live blu ray pure audio. I hope they release more stones - like some girls, more motown, i'd love to see joni mitchell, gordon lightfoot but those are warner brothers. and al stewart-time of the cat. and the holy grail of blu ray- cat stevens - tea for the tillerman.

Fred,
i have two questions for you. 1. who is the guy Peter Sinclair is interviewing. I read the super deluxe website all the time.

2. I'm not a techie- what does 24bit/96k mean for a cd?

long live blu ray pure audio. I hope they release more stones - like some girls, more motown, i'd love to see joni mitchell, gordon lightfoot but those are warner brothers. and al stewart-time of the cat. and the holy grail of blu ray- cat stevens - tea for the tillerman.

AFAIK he is interviewing Olivier Robert-Murphy (HFPA is his baby).

well you could have a CD taken from a 96/24 source, down-rez'd to 44.1/16.. what context is it in?

yes long live it too! anything could happen! there's great things on the horizon for blu-ray audio if things like XTC & Yes' Surround Series continue on BD (and if the rumour mill is to be believed!).. fingers crossed it pans out the way we want it to!

That Tea For The Tillerman HFPA is bound to appear one day :)

AFAIK he is interviewing Olivier Robert-Murphy (HFPA is his baby).

well you could have a CD taken from a 96/24 source, down-rez'd to 44.1/16.. what context is it in?

yes long live it too! anything could happen! there's great things on the horizon for blu-ray audio if things like XTC & Yes' Surround Series continue on BD (and if the rumour mill is to be believed!).. fingers crossed it pans out the way we want it to!

That Tea For The Tillerman HFPA is bound to appear one day :)

FRED,
this is in the amazon description of bruce cocburn- humans deluxe edition.
Rare & previously unreleased bonus tracks original vinyl album artwork "24 bit/96 khz digital remastering " new liner notes written by respected Canadian journalist and author

Does anyone of you who owns the new BD also own the latest CD remastering of the disc (must be two or three years old when the deluxe box set was released). Ever compared ? Is it the same (only in higher resolution on the BD) ? I very highly anticipate that ... and that would lead me to believe that the best sounding version remains the Stereo SHM-SACD from Japan.

Where are people buying the Blu-ray? Germany? $30 with the shipping. I'll pass. I've got the SHM SACD, but it's not one of the better sounding SHM SACDs around.

Where are people buying the Blu-ray? Germany? $30 with the shipping. I'll pass. I've got the SHM SACD, but it's not one of the better sounding SHM SACDs around.

If you have the SHM SACD, you can sit back and relax in my opinion, you have the best sounding version, being a flat transfer from the original master tapes. These tapes - and I agree with you - are by no means audiophile quality, but this lies in the recordings itself, not in the media today.

Back