Roger Waters Amused to Death in 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bet: SACD abandoned and cd/ bluray only release. Both jpc.de and amazon uk are announcing several packages now, so there's still hope

I have never heard this full album, but being a big fan of all things Pink Floyd, this is a must buy for me!
I've also heard a Blu-Ray version is being prepared too.
If so that will be the format I will definitely go with, with the SACD as a possible buy.
Otherwise, I'm going with the SACD. :)

1rwuua.jpg

Is the image real? April's fool day???
After all this time waiting, I've become a little bit sceptical:(

That info is all old and none of the links posted here are working for me. Nothing has been posted on the Acoustic Sounds or Analogue Productions websites today as far as I can tell...

Message # 46 on that thread includes an update on the Amused to Death Multichannel SACD from last month (February 2015).

Message # 46 on that thread includes an update on the Amused to Death Multichannel SACD from last month (February 2015).
Okay, fine. Quoting your own update from over a month ago isn't exactly revelatory. There have been more recent updates than that.

Well then there's also this: http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/04/roger-waters-amused-to-death-to-be-reissued-with-new-artwork/

Roger Waters’ Amused to Death to be reissued with new artwork

A "remixed/remastered" version of Pink Floyd bassist's third solo album coming in June

It appears that former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters will see a reissue of his 1992 solo album, Amused to Death, this summer. Amazon’s German site has a posted a listing for the “remixed/remastered” version of the concept album, noting a release date of June 12th from Columbia/Legacy.

Amused to Death was Waters third solo release, an effort which took him nearly four years to complete. The concept loosely follows the idea of a monkey randomly flipping channels on a TV, during which Waters is able to make social commentary on war, politics, and pop culture. The title and theme were inspired by Neil Postman’s 1985 book Amusing Ourselves to Death

Waters has said the record, which also features Jeff Beck on guitar (tracks 1-2 and 10-14) and Randy Jackson on bass (tracks 2 and 9), “has never received the attention it deserves.” In an interview with the BBC, the bassist/songwriter said he believes it surpasses everything in Pink Floyd’s catalog besides Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.

The record was previously reissued in 2011 as part of the The Roger Waters Collection box set. This new edition, however, features new artwork (see above) The tracklist is below, followed by a video of Waters performing the title track live in 2000.

Amused to Death Tracklist:
01. The Ballad of Bill Hubbard
02. What God Wants, Pt. I
03. Perfect Sense, Pt. I
04. Perfect Sense, Pt. II
05. The Bravery of Being Out of Range
06. Late Home Tonight, Pt. I
07. Late Home Tonight, Pt. II
08. Too Much Rope
09. What God Wants, Pt. II
10. What God Wants, Pt. III
11. Watching TV
12. Three Wishes
13. It’s a Miracle
14. Amused to Death

The amazon.com link is nonfunctional now too, but my order says Not yet shipped . I wonder if Analogue Productions ever did any actual work on this. I'd guess probably not.

"he believes it surpasses everything in Pink Floyd’s catalog besides Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall."

Man, years ago I was in the Water camp but man while parts of that album are great other parts tend to be harsh, and then to say it surpasses WYWH or animals, WTF?

"he believes it surpasses everything in Pink Floyd’s catalog besides Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall."

Man, years ago I was in the Water camp but man while parts of that album are great other parts tend to be harsh, and then to say it surpasses WYWH or animals, WTF?

IMO he hasn't done anything to get excited about since he left PF and his narcissism dictates these type of statements...

IMO he hasn't done anything to get excited about since he left PF and his narcissism dictates these type of statements...

I got excited. I feel this album compares to, but not betters, The Wall. It's good stuff and will be worth hearing in all it's surround sound glory, when it finally gets released. Ever. Still waiting...

:51banana:

I'm with you - WYWH and Animals are much more consistent and timeless.

I think it's really good, and by far his best solo record. If you trim "too much rope" and "watching TV" it gets miles better. I could also do without "late home tonight", but much of the rest is very very good. the "what god wants" trilogy, Ballad of Bill Hubbard, It's a Miracle, Three Wishes, and Amused to Death are all magnificent. I also found the piano intro to "Perfect Sense, Pt 1" to be evocative and moving.

Back