BluRay Audio - Collectibility value

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm sure you all wish you'd got those DVD-Audio discs before they disappeared into obscurity years ago. I am about to receive the Allman Brothers Fillmore 3 x BluRay box in a week or so at about $80 it's quite expensive. Other BluRay Pure Audio titles are at about $30 each.

My question is will BluRay audio discs become another DVD-Audio and be worth $100s + after the titles are not reissued as I'm sure CSNY, Neil Young, and now The Allman Brothers Band.

Mate if that could be predicted we would all be stockpiling now.

I do have it on good authority that Silverline disks are going to be the next big collectable items so would you like to buy some off me :rolleyes:

Seriously who can tell, why do some DM disks attract top dollar and others sell for sub $20?

Mate if that could be predicted we would all be stockpiling now.

I do have it on good authority that Silverline disks are going to be the next big collectable items so would you like to buy some off me :rolleyes:

Seriously who can tell, why do some DM disks attract top dollar and others sell for sub $20?

I think the DM SACD thing is down to popularity of titles (Violator, Black Celebration being the most expensive as they're the most sought after albums).. but I could be wrong.

I doubt the BDA's will become as collectible as SACDs, even DVD-A's not as collectible unless it's for the popular or ultra rare titles. Though you can get many of the HFPA's for a tenner on Amazon (Sound City Beaches) right now, so now's the time to stockpile I reckon.

What's a silverline disc ?

Silverline's a company that flooded the market with DVD-A's (and later DualDiscs) with surround mixes of dubious quality.. they've come to be a byword for shit among surround collectors.. though to be fair there are some decent ones among many many clunkers (the 4 x Gordon Goodwin Silverline's are excellent for example).

I think the DM SACD thing is down to popularity of titles (Violator, Black Celebration being the most expensive as they're the most sought after albums).. but I could be wrong.

I ve bought Black celebration for 13 $...violator for 30$...:banana:

Silverline's a company that flooded the market with DVD-A's (and later DualDiscs) with surround mixes of dubious quality.. they've come to be a byword for shit among surround collectors.. though to be fair there are some decent ones among many many clunkers (the 4 x Gordon Goodwin Silverline's are excellent for example).

I think all of us who were doing dvd a way back when, all bought a Silverline disc or two. I got sucked in with a Mountain disc. The case came in handy, that's about it.

Yes, most Silverline is crap, as to the surround mixes. I've bought dozens of them. My recommendation is to buy anything you'd buy on a 2ch format. Expect minimal or no semblance of surround. That way, you won't have unrealistic expectations. Things like "Front Row" ELP and Bob Weir are great for hard core collectors, like me. I wasn't expecting a great mix or fidelity, and that's exactly what I got.

Back