Ripping Blu Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least I have been able to successfully rip the 5.1 bonus tracks from "Drums & Wires" to either make a separate DVD-A of the bonus tracks or make a custom DVD-A with album and bonus tracks on one disc (either one for Acura use) :)

I put the bonus tracks together like the CD on one disc for my car....(y)

update: I tried copying the whole Relayer BluRay disc to an .iso file , using Ideal. Then mounted the .iso with Daemon Tools and extracted LPCM audio tracks to .wav with DVD Audio Extractor. It worked. The only issue after that was figuring out which 'Title' goes with which offering on the disc...

update: I tried copying the whole Relayer BluRay disc to an .iso file , using Ideal. Then mounted the .iso with Daemon Tools and extracted LPCM audio tracks to .wav with DVD Audio Extractor. It worked. The only issue after that was figuring out which 'Title' goes with which offering on the disc...

If you click on a track so it's highlighted, and then play it using the built in player in DVDAE it'll show you the associated menu/video content which makes figuring out what you're ripping a breeze. the Drums and Wires Blu-Ray would have been almost impossible for me to rip correctly without it!

If you click on a track so it's highlighted, and then play it using the built in player in DVDAE it'll show you the associated menu/video content which makes figuring out what you're ripping a breeze. the Drums and Wires Blu-Ray would have been almost impossible for me to rip correctly without it!

Title 1004 is the main album in 5.1. Title 1005 is the bonus tracks in 5.1...

I just want to give everyone a heads-up that I have just had a Malware attack on my PC and though I can't be 100% certain, I'm pretty confident that it was caused by installing some "Ideal" software. Proceed with extreme caution.

I just want to give everyone a heads-up that I have just had a Malware attack on my PC and though I can't be 100% certain, I'm pretty confident that it was caused by installing some "Ideal" software. Proceed with extreme caution.

I run malwarebytes anti-malware every week, just in case these things happen.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

also have MS Security Essentials running in background.

I like to stream 5.1 so I was copying the Blu-ray last night of this and when I opened up DVD-AE to rip the 5.1 tracks to 24/96 flacs for streaming it shows me only one track. Ripped it and sure enough in Audacity it's the whole 2014 5.1 mix as a single long file. Why was this disc authored this way?

Wonder if Neil Wilkes can shed any insight on this?

I like to stream 5.1 so I was copying the Blu-ray last night of this and when I opened up DVD-AE to rip the 5.1 tracks to 24/96 flacs for streaming it shows me only one track. Ripped it and sure enough in Audacity it's the whole 2014 5.1 mix as a single long file. Why was this disc authored this way?

Mine extracted fine with MakeMKV...

It might have something to do with the video, but I am not sure. I remember back in the old days of the DTS CD, we would make a long DTS file and then insert track points instead of creating a single file for each song. Same thing with Discwelder Chrome.

That is because it uses AACS 49. MakeMKV was updated last week or so to support AACS48, and a new version to support up though AACS 50 is supposed to come out in a day or two. Copy protection cat and mouse.

FYI the latest version of MakeMKV now supports AACS v50, so it should be able to rip Relayer....

My bad guys, the first option that comes up only lists a single track but scrolling down to the next occurrence of "2014 mixes" in the DVDAE navigator menu shows the files named and 1 through 12 are there.
It's like they're all doubled, first options are single "Chapter 1" options with the entire running length (46 minutes) but the next ones show the individual tracks named.

I haven't seen a Blu-ray yet that doesn't duplicate the material across at least two MPLS files. There's always at least one with chapters and one without. The XTC definitely has playlists with chapters, but I don't know how DVD-AE decides which to go for or how much control you have over it.

I had no problem with DVDAE and this title.

Sometimes I force a download of title/track info manually from the toolbar option in DVDAE as I like to convert to individual FLAC files named after each track name. The download saves me manually adding to info.

FYI the latest version of MakeMKV now supports AACS v50, so it should be able to rip Relayer....

I still couldn't get Relayer to rip properly... it took forever to read the disc... & the WAV file won't split into individual tracks...

Anyone else try with the (updated) MakeMKV?

I still couldn't get Relayer to rip properly...

Anyone else try with the (updated) MakeMKV?

I did Reylayer yesterday with latest MakeMKV. It took a long time to get started and it was the 2nd attempt that eventually copied the disc to folder structure on my hard disc.

I used MakeMKV to copy the disc and remove protection. Then DVDAE to convert 2014 remixes (MCH and stereo) to individual 24/96 FLAC files. DVDAE auto named the content after I forced a download from its online title database.

Has any of you tried (and succeeded) with "Bryan Adams - Reckless?"

I tired the AnyDVD/AudioMuxer combo that has worked for me in the past, but for some reason it starts, then runs really fast, then bombs out with "Empty Cue File" errors, and I get nothing.

I then tried DVDFab9(US), and I ended up with a 5.1 MP4 file, but it was 16/48!

I have the latest MakeMKV, downloaded today, but I can never seem to get it to work properly.

I also have DVD Audio Extractor, but I did not know that worked on BluRay. Or if I did, I forgot! :)

I tired the AnyDVD/AudioMuxer combo that has worked for me in the past, but for some reason it starts, then runs really fast, then bombs out with "Empty Cue File" errors, and I get nothing.

I have the latest MakeMKV, downloaded today, but I can never seem to get it to work properly.

I also have DVD Audio Extractor, but I did not know that worked on BluRay. Or if I did, I forgot! :)

I don't have it yet, but in general, these Blu-Rays are getting harder to rip!
After downloading the latest version, of MakeMKV along with DVD Audio Extractor, that seems to do the trick.

Jon - I ran it with AnyDVD HD and DVD Audio Exctractor without any issue - converted the LPCM 96/24 6 channel stream to multichannel flac in about 18 minutes - everything checks out fine.

Worked for me as well - MakeMKV 1.9.0 to make a decrypted copy on my hard disk, then DVDAE to rip to FLAC. Running both programs in Linux (Ubuntu).

Back