YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1 - Reality

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not??? I want them ALL!!!!!! :)

Me two. About Drama: Word on the street is that Geoff Downes is against a 5.1 remix. I have a meet & greet at a YES show in August. When I talk to Mr. Downes I'll do my best to encourage him to support a SW remix. (y)

YES are very much a going concern these days, so there is no reason to stop with the 5.1 remixes.

Me two. About Drama: Word on the street is that Geoff Downes is against a 5.1 remix. I have a meet & greet at a YES show in August. When I talk to Mr. Downes I'll do my best to encourage him to support a SW remix. (y)

YES are very much a going concern these days, so there is no reason to stop with the 5.1 remixes.

Time for a new thread, Mr Moore?

All I can say is that I'm so glad that both Yes and Steven Wilson confirmed the upcoming release of the "Tales" remix now rather than later on at preorder time.
I hope this finally means that the mass speculation will finally be coming to an end.
Now all we need to do is wait patiently until the end of the summer, which is when I think we will get more information and a preorder since I still believe a fall release is most likely, right around the time when many of SW's other remixes will be released, so save up! It's about to get expensive! :) :banana:

All I can say is that I'm so glad that both Yes and Steven Wilson confirmed the upcoming release of the "Tales" remix now rather than later on at preorder time.
I hope this finally means that the mass speculation will finally be coming to an end.
Now all we need to do is wait patiently until the end of the summer, which is when I think we will get more information and a preorder since I still believe a fall release is most likely, right around the time when many of SW's other remixes will be released, so save up! It's about to get expensive! :) :banana:

Personally, I hope it is fall so my wallet can rest... :violin

Yes!!! :banana: Finally! This has been my most anticipated surround release for a very long time. I've been coming in here every day for months hoping for some good news and almost dropped my laptop when I saw this today. Thank you Dennis for keeping hope alive, and you other guys for keeping your ear to the ground. (y)

Hope we get a release date announcement soon!
:51banana:

Sid confirmed this as well, just as I suspected.

"Yes have confirmed that Tales is the next SW remix.I'm very pleased to be writing the liner notes for this release..."

Today from YES on Facebook:

image hosting without account

This is a new thread to celebrate and channel all our YES - Tales energies in a more official way. (y)
Old thread was here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...Save-The-Tales(Tales-From-Topographic-Oceans)!!!

I'd like to express my deepest gratitude to Jon(El Jefe) for providing this amazing forum for us to come together and share our love for this splendid & treasured upcoming release. Sincere thanks as well to all the VIPs here who have dropped hints and shared positive news of Tales in 5.1. YES has always been pure joy to me, so thank you for all for the love.

Special thanks to my Tales brothers from England, France, Holland, Germany, Canada & America for keeping the dream alive. :smokin

How many copies of Tales will you be buying & in what format?

How many hours/days will you spend blasting Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix?

How many of your neighbors will start to enjoy Tales after hearing it so many times through your walls?

Me personally, I will be buying 5 copies and I will be building a monument to Tales in my home theater. (y)

Lots of people are very happy that Tales is coming out. :)

img

Last edited:
Time for a new thread, Mr Moore?

@RuudMans:

It would be my pleasure, for all interested there is a new post here:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...YES-Tales-From-Topographic-Oceans-5-1-Reality

I am speechless. All of you who came here were fabulous and I've made some great new friends. A million blessings to you all.

YES music has always been an ambassador of joy. Tales From Topographic Oceans is the gentle summer breeze & reassuring pat on the back.
Thanks to everybody for magnifying all that.

To answer the question of "How many copies of Tales will you be buying & in what format?"

The answer is: TWO
Just like all of the other Yes releases from Panegyric, I will buy one Blu-Ray copy and one DVDA copy.
That way all of you fanatics can buy up the other copies. Just make sure to save some for any newcomers that come along! ;)

One of each for me too! Can't wait to hear what alternate versions might be included!!

I guess it's time now for my first ever cheering banana :banana:
Wait, one is not enough:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Fortunately I have some days of vacation left, so now I know what I'm gonna use them for...

I hope there will be the possibility to listen to the first track with the extended intro, like the Rhino remaster.

Truth be told, this isn't near the top of my list of favorite Yes albums. However I'll definitely be ordering my usual blu-ray and immersing myself in it to the point of newfound appreciation. Now if only the multi-tracks for GFTO would magically appear.......... Anything after that would be icing on the cake.

I hope there will be the possibility to listen to the first track with the extended intro, like the Rhino remaster.

Does anyone know why that intro was left off the original release? I would assume it was because of vinyl's time constraints, but maybe someone on here knows more than I do about it. I love that intro, and I do hope it's a part of SW's new stereo & surround mixes. We'll find out eventually! :)

...I am speechless. All of you who came here were fabulous and I've made some great new friends.

A million blessings to you all.

YES music has always been an ambassador of joy.

Tales From Topographic Oceans is the gentle summer breeze & reassuring pat on the back.

Thanks to everybody for magnifying all that.

You singlehandedly brought about the release of Tales through sheer force of will and good karma. Thanks for that and good for you.

Back