YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans 5.1 - Reality

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My addition of "Anybody else w/ me?" was just to see who else felt the same way about this thread as I do. I wasn't trying to drum up support for having this thread closed.
And I did not remove my offending line. A mod did it when this thread was cleaned up a few days ago, but you're right, it is all a moot point now.
Finally, I won't create any new thread about "Tales" until there's actually a press release and preorder for the remixed edition, and I doubt that will happen until the end of the summer at the earliest. Until then, I'm going to do my best to be patient and enjoy all of the other great surround releases coming our way. :)

Again, my apologies for misconstruing your intent and all the misguided comments that resulted from my misinterpretation.

But perhaps its only fitting that in a thread about one of Yes' epics that there is some strife that will eventually lead us to the Light...

Peace, bro.

Well, in my mind, calling for a thread to be closed b/c you don't like the content is attempting to censor people's thoughts. ymmv.

In posts that have now gone down the memory hole, it was timbre4(I think?) who actually suggested 1) there was more info waiting to be released but 2) he can't talk about it yet so don't ask and 3) could we all just please 'sit tight' and stop speculating about it.

I didn't see any accusations of 'censorship' then. (Actually at the time I didn't think he meant it literally...but it turns out maybe he did)

The internets, so much melodrama. :rolleyes:

Or in my case rum......Havana Club !!;)

Soon to be available in the U.S.A.(y)

well, get used to some SWEET (LITERALLY) rum...
the first time I tried it was in Mexico in 1984 and I thought.."dang this is sweeeett!!!"...that's cause I'm from Puerto Rico where rum is "dry"...even the Bacardí, which was supposed to have come from Cuba....

..sorry for the derail ...

My bets are that Tales is in the pipeline...wanna bet?

To drop a very recent comment in the thread, to give grounds for further optimism. Last night, at Yes's Liverpool gig, Steve Howe mentioned to the audience the forthcoming release of the Steven Wilson remix of Tales and hinted that there may be a UK leg to the accompanying tour of the album. A banana for both :banana::banana:

To drop a very recent comment in the thread, to give grounds for further optimism. Last night, at Yes's Liverpool gig, Steve Howe mentioned to the audience the forthcoming release of the Steven Wilson remix of Tales and hinted that there may be a UK leg to the accompanying tour of the album. A banana for both :banana::banana:

Hey m8,:)

I assume you were in attendance? Makes sense that YES should extend the Tales/Drama tour to England, especially since YES are English. (y)
How was the show?

I'm sure Steve is still very proud of Tales and that he can't wait to play the two sides on tour. Looks like the secret is out about 5.1 Tales and it is just a matter of guessing when YES will announce it formally. YES will be touring Drama/Fragile until June 1, so maybe the band is waiting to announce Tales in 5.1 as not to spoil the "Fragile" vibe... hmm...

Now this is the kind of post I like to see in this thread!
Thanks, colsky!
If Yes are considering bringing the performance of "Tales" to the UK this year, then a fall release of the remix of "Tales" seems very likely. I don't think we will see it any earlier than that.
Now what if Yes pulled a wildcard, dropped "Drama" (since they are already performing it across Europe right now) and decided to perform all (or parts) of "Relayer" this fall along with sides 1 & 4 of "Tales"? I can imagine that would make several of you Yes fanatics very happy! :)

According to a friend of mine he made a similar announcement at the Sheffield gig last night. :)

I quote: "Fantastic Yes concert last night in Sheffield. Started at 7:40 and came off stage at 10:15, played the whole of Drama and Fragile and a few extras. The final, Starship Trooper, was the best version I've seen them do. And Mr. Howe announced that the next Wilson remix is of Tales From Topographic Oceans."

Thanks Nico, (y) I am so glad you are with us on this. :) :) :)

image hosting without account

Obviously we all want a release date, but the confirmation is fabulous. :music

I am curious about potential sales in general. The FaceBook post got 1,152 likes quickly, so there seems to be plenty of customer interest. I wonder what a general sales number will be for Tales?

I kinda think that Steven Wilson's ever-growing reputation for remixing 2.0 is also a driving force here. Originally I was focused ONLY on SW's 5.1 mixes, but now I consider his 2.0 remixes almost like getting the record again. His 2.0 remixes are the new standard for me, by far.

Perhaps SW's 2.0 remixes are really helping drive these releases as well???

Anyway, what a wonderful day and fantastic news!!! I am very happy for Steve Howe, Tales was a huge creative work by him, and I'm sure he is surprised as we are of Tales' resurgence and the attention it is getting.

I am curious about potential sales in general. The FaceBook post got 1,152 likes quickly, so there seems to be plenty of customer interest. I wonder what a general sales number will be for Tales?

I kinda think that Steven Wilson's ever-growing reputation for remixing 2.0 is also a driving force here. Originally I was focused ONLY on SW's 5.1 mixes, but now I consider his 2.0 remixes almost like getting the record again. His 2.0 remixes are the new standard for me, by far.

Perhaps SW's 2.0 remixes are really helping drive these releases as well???

Anyway, what a wonderful day and fantastic news!!! I am very happy for Steve Howe, Tales was a huge creative work by him, and I'm sure he is surprised as we are of Tales' resurgence and the attention it is getting.

I'm so happy for you Dennis...almost as happy as when AP announced a surround sound edition of Tales of Mystery and Imagination..

Have i ever been more excited about a release? Duhh, no sir!! Super fantastic news.
And DMJ: thanks for keeping the flame lit even when the odds were seemingly against this great outcome. To quote you: "now where can i buy the bloody thing?".

This really made my day!

Back