Jethro Tull - "Heavy Horses" (New Shoes Edition) to be released in February 2018!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon M

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Ok, so is it too early to start a thread for this one? I do like a bit of content speculation!

I pinched this from doppelbocks post on the Chris Squire thread, an interview with Jakko... https://60stoday.com/2017/10/13/a-conversation-with-jakko-jakszyk-of-king-crimson/

He mentions...

"I remix a lot of stuff from the original multi-track tapes – I did the first two Bruford albums earlier this year, which are just about to come out, and I just finished a Jethro Tull record of live stuff from the ‘Heavy Horses’ album."

Any thoughts on what this live stuff may be, 'Bursting Out' in 5.1 by any chance?

Ok, so is it too early to start a thread for this one? I do like a bit of content speculation!

I pinched this from doppelbocks post on the Chris Squire thread, an interview with Jakko... https://60stoday.com/2017/10/13/a-conversation-with-jakko-jakszyk-of-king-crimson/

He mentions...

"I remix a lot of stuff from the original multi-track tapes – I did the first two Bruford albums earlier this year, which are just about to come out, and I just finished a Jethro Tull record of live stuff from the ‘Heavy Horses’ album."

Any thoughts on what this live stuff may be, 'Bursting Out' in 5.1 by any chance?

It probably is a little too early, but that's fine. I'm excited to see what this release brings us next year!
In terms of the live stuff that Jakko has mixed, unless it's something unreleased, it could either be "Bursting Out" or maybe it's a new mix of the Madison Square Garden film.
Either way I'm predicting 1 CD featuring the remixed studio album and bonus tracks, 1-2 CDs with the Jakko-mixed live material, 1 DVD with the studio material in surround sound, and 1 DVD with the live material in surround sound. So that would be 4-5 discs in total, just like most of the other releases.

While we're speculating, why don't we list possible studio bonus tracks for the set?
-"Living in These Hard Times" (a bonus track on the 2003 CD reissue of "Heavy Horses")
-"Broadford Bazaar" (a bonus track on the 2003 CD reissue of "Heavy Horses")
-"Beltane" (a bonus track on the 2003 CD reissue of "Songs from the Wood", even though it apparently comes from the "Heavy Horses" sessions)

For that matter, I wonder if any of the bonus tracks on the 2004 "Stormwatch" CD reissue are actually from the "Heavy Horses" sessions. Guess we'll find out next year! :)

It probably is a little too early, but that's fine. I'm excited to see what this release brings us next year!
In terms of the live stuff that Jakko has mixed, unless it's something unreleased, it could either be "Bursting Out" or maybe it's a new mix of the Madison Square Garden film.
Either way I'm predicting 1 CD featuring the remixed studio album and bonus tracks, 1-2 CDs with the Jakko-mixed live material, 1 DVD with the studio material in surround sound, and 1 DVD with the live material in surround sound. So that would be 4-5 discs in total, just like most of the other releases.

While we're speculating, why don't we list possible studio bonus tracks for the set?
-"Living in These Hard Times" (a bonus track on the 2003 CD reissue of "Heavy Horses")
-"Beltane" (a bonus track on the 2003 CD reissue of "Songs from the Wood", even though it apparently comes from the "Heavy Horses" sessions)

For that matter, I wonder if any of the bonus tracks on the 2004 "Stormwatch" CD reissue are actually from the "Heavy Horses" sessions. Guess we'll find out next year! :)

Well we do know we'll probably get spoilt, the Tull sets are the ones I look forward to the most at the moment and an example to others of how to do it.

Would there be any scope for 'Bursting Out' to get it's own release in the series or would it be too lightweight? ...assuming that they've actually got the multi's to remix it of course. MSG has the bonus of video content too so I'd say that's a contender...

Maybe there are other forgotten studio gems they've unearthed, fingers crossed, but we know mixes have been approved or are in the process of so it can't be far away, I'm hoping that it is very early next year!

Well we do know we'll probably get spoilt, the Tull sets are the ones I look forward to the most at the moment and an example to others of how to do it.

Would there be any scope for 'Bursting Out' to get it's own release in the series or would it be too lightweight? ...assuming that they've actually got the multi's to remix it of course. MSG has the bonus of video content too so I'd say that's a contender...

Maybe there are other forgotten studio gems they've unearthed, fingers crossed, but we know mixes have been approved or are in the process of so it can't be far away, I'm hoping that it is very early next year!

I could be wrong, but I don't think "Bursting Out" will get its own deluxe release. It will either be remixed and included as part of the "Heavy Horses" set, or it will not be remixed at all.
As for other unreleased studio gems, who knows?
The Jethro Tull releases have provided us with lots of great bonus material for each release, and I'm sure "Heavy Horses" will be no different.

:)

I could be wrong, but I don't think "Bursting Out" will get its own deluxe release. It will either be remixed and included as part of the "Heavy Horses" set, or it will not be remixed at all.
As for other unreleased studio gems, who knows?
The Jethro Tull releases have provided us with lots of great bonus material for each release, and I'm sure "Heavy Horses" will be no different.

I asked someone who knows, no "Breaking Out" will be part of the Heavy Horses release. The live stuff hasn't been identified.

I would love a good remix of "Beltane", great track but the original mix is quite bad, it sounds almost mono at times.

I would love a good remix of "Beltane", great track but the original mix is quite bad, it sounds almost mono at times.

I just love how the 20 Years box tracks are getting upgraded one by one as the album remixes come out via the bonus tracks. If I was a little older, I'd restate that as "the b-sides and fan club singles I remember". Surely this song will join the pack right?

The deluxe edition should feature this video:
[video=youtube;gJcUAk9x9XE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJcUAk9x9XE[/video]

And this one too (of course):
[video=youtube;HzCvljJIJQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzCvljJIJQw[/video]

Thought this might have been reported on QQ, but it hasn't so here it is:
Someone on SHTV spoke to Ian Anderson a month or so ago, and he said that the live concert that Jakko has mixed for the "Heavy Horses" set is the full concert from Bern, Switzerland on May 28th, 1978. (It's presumably audio-only)

So I'm sure that like "Songs from the Wood", "Heavy Horses" will be a 5-disc set, with the remixed album on one CD and one DVD and the Bern show on 2 CDs and one DVD.

Thought this might have been reported on QQ, but it hasn't so here it is:
Someone on SHTV spoke to Ian Anderson a month or so ago, and he said that the live concert that Jakko has mixed for the "Heavy Horses" set is the full concert from Bern, Switzerland on May 28th, 1978. (It's presumably audio-only)

So I'm sure that like "Songs from the Wood", "Heavy Horses" will be a 5-disc set, with the remixed album on one CD and one DVD and the Bern show on 2 CDs and one DVD.

Yes, bring it! I admit that HH was never my favourite Tull album but hopefully I can appreciate it more with this set.

With all the excitement surrounding "Roxy Music", we almost missed this news!

"Heavy Horses (New Shoes Edition)" will be out on February 9th, 2018 as a 3 CD/2 DVD set!

Pre-order here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0785VM94Q/

Full track listing is as follows:
Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. ....And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
2. Acres Wild (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
3. No Lullaby (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
4. Moths (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
5. Journeyman (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
6. Rover (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
7. One Brown Mouse (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
8. Heavy Horses (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
9. Weathercock (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
-Bonus Tracks-
10. Living In These Hard Times (Version 2) [Steven Wilson Stereo Remix]
11. Everything In Our Lives (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
12. Jack-A-Lynn (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
13. Quatrain (Studio Version) [Steven Wilson Stereo Remix]
14. Horse-Hoeing Husbandry (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
15. Beltane (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
16. Botanic Man (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
17. Living In These Hard Times (Version 1) [Steven Wilson Stereo Remix]
18. Botanic Man Theme/A Town In England (Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)

Disc: 2
1. Opening Music (Quartet)
2. Introduction by Claude Nobs (Spoken Word)
3. No Lullaby (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]
4. Sweet Dream (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]
5. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk
6. Jack-In-The-Green (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]
7. One Brown Mouse (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]
8. Heavy Horses (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]
9. A New Day Yesterday (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]
10. Flute Solo Improvisation/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/Bouree (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978)
11. Living In The Past/A New Day Yesterday (Reprise) [Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978] [Jakko Jak
12. Songs From The Wood (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part One]

Disc: 3
1. Thick As A Brick (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
2. Hunting Girl (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
3. Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk S
4. Conundrum (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
5. Minstrel in the Gallery (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part
6. Cross-Eyed Mary (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
7. Quatrain (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
8. Aqualung (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
9. Locomotive Breath (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978) [Jakko Jakszyk Stereo Remix] [Part Two]
10. The Dambusters March/Aqualung (Reprise) [Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978] [Jakko Jakszyk Ster

Disc: 4
-Steven Wilson 5.1 surround mix
1. ....And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
2. Acres Wild (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
3. No Lullaby (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
4. Moths (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
5. Journeyman (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
6. Rover (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
7. One Brown Mouse (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
8. Heavy Horses (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
9. Weathercock (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
-Steven Wilson 5.1 surround bonus tracks
10. Living In These Hard Times (Version 2) [Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround]
11. Everything In Our Lives (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
12. Jack-A-Lynn (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
13. Horse-Hoeing Husbandry (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
14. Beltane (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
15. Botanic Man (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
16. Living In These Hard Times (Version 1) [Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround]
17. Botanic Man Theme (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
18. A Town In England (Steven Wilson Remix, DD/DTS 5.1 Surround)
-Steven Wilson stereo remix
19. ....And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
20. Acres Wild (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
21. No Lullaby (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
22. Moths (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
23. Journeyman (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
24. Rover (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
25. One Brown Mouse (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
26. Heavy Horses (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
27. Weathercock (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
-Steven Wilson stereo remix bonus tracks
28. Living In These Hard Times (Version 2) [Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo]
29. Everything In Our Lives (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
30. Jack-A-Lynn (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
31. Quatrain (Studio Version) [Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo]
32. Horse-Hoeing Husbandry (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
33. Beltane (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
34. Botanic Man (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
35. Living In These Hard Times (Version 1) [Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo]
36. Botanic Man Theme (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
37. A Town In England (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)
-Flat Transfer of Original Stereo Master
38. ....And The Mouse Police Never Sleeps (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
39. Acres Wild (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
40. No Lullaby (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
41. Moths (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
42. Journeyman (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
43. Rover (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
44. One Brown Mouse (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
45. Heavy Horses (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
46. Weathercock (96/24 PCM Flat Transfer-Original Stereo Master)
-Original Stereo Master Bonus Tracks
47. Rover (No Strings Version)
48. Living In These Hard Times (Version 2)
49. Beltane

Disc: 5
-Live in Berne 5.1 surround mix
1. Opening Music (Quartet)
2. Introduction by Claude Nobs (Spoken Word)
3. No Lullaby (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
4. Sweet Dream (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
5. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DT
6. Jack-In-The-Green (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
7. One Brown Mouse (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
8. Heavy Horses (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
9. A New Day Yesterday (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk
10. Flute Solo Improvisation/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/Bouree (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978,
11. Living In The Past/A New Day Yesterday (Reprise) [Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5
12. Songs From The Wood (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk
13. Thick As A Brick (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
14. Hunting Girl (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
15. Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS
16. Conundrum (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
17. Minstrel In The Gallery (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jak
18. Cross-Eyed Mary (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
19. Quatrain (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
20. Aqualung (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
21. Locomotive Breath (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS & DD by Jakko Jakszyk)
22. The Dambusters March/Aqualung (Reprise) [Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978, Mixed to 5.1 DTS &
-Live in Berne Stereo Mix
23. Opening Music (Quartet)
24. Introduction by Claude Nobs (Spoken Word)
25. No Lullaby (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
26. Sweet Dream (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
27. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24
28. Jack-In-The-Green (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
29. One Brown Mouse (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
30. Heavy Horses (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
31. A New Day Yesterday (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
32. Flute Solo Improvisation/God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/Bouree (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978.
33. Living In The Past/A New Day Yesterday (Reprise) [Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 9
34. Songs From The Wood (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
35. Thick As A Brick (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
36. Hunting Girl (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
37. Too Old To Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young To Die (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 s
38. Conundrum (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
39. Minstrel In The Gallery (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jaks
40. Cross-Eyed Mary (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
41. Quatrain (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
42. Aqualung (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
43. Locomotive Breath (Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 stereo by Jakko Jakszyk)
44. The Dambusters March/Aqualung (Reprise) [Live In Concert In Berne 28th May 1978. Mixed to 96/24 ster
-Bonus Videos
45. Heavy Horses (Video)
46. Moths (Video)
47. Bursting Out (TV Ad) [Video]
48. Bursting Out & Madison Square Garden Show (TV Ad) [Video]

Thanks Ryan - I did miss that with all the Roxy hoopla....awesome, looks like yet another superb collection of stuff from that era, packaged well, probably priced properly (see....roxy nonsense!)...Ian with his help from Steven and Jakko (along with Andy fro XTC) have set the the standard for how to do these things right.

Snood Ordered Amerzon - daaaaamn XTC and Jethro do these things up right :yikes:mad:@:

Soooooooooo happy! :cool:

animals-pet-horse-shire-shire_horses-shetland_pony-twa0061_low.jpg

Back