Jethro Tull - "Heavy Horses" (New Shoes Edition) to be released in February 2018!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John, tell me this: is “Broadford Bazaar” from the “Stormwatch” sessions?
As I’m sure you know, it’s a bonus track on the 2003 “Heavy Horses” CD, but it’s not listed for inclusion on this upcoming reissue, so that makes me think it’s actually from the “Stormwatch” sessions.
Hopefully it will be included on the “Stormwatch” reissue!

BTW, so happy we’ll get a 5.1 mix of “Beltane” on this set!

:)

John, tell me this: is “Broadford Bazaar” from the “Stormwatch” sessions?
As I’m sure you know, it’s a bonus track on the 2003 “Heavy Horses” CD, but it’s not listed for inclusion on this upcoming reissue, so that makes me think it’s actually from the “Stormwatch” sessions.
Hopefully it will be included on the “Stormwatch” reissue!

BTW, so happy we’ll get a 5.1 mix of “Beltane” on this set!

:)
“Broadford Bazaar” is scheduled for Stormwatch.

Posted on the Tull Facebook page...

On 9th February 2018, Parlophone will release the 40th anniversary ‘New Shoes Edition’ of Heavy Horses, a 3CD/ 2DVD boxset featuring the original album, plus additional studio recordings, live material and an extensive new booklet.

https://rhino.lnk.to/HHCD

Ian Anderson explains its particular focus on horses and agricultural life saying, “As a child, my big passion was to get off the leash and explore the local wooded and leafy suburbs. So it didn’t suddenly become new in 1977, it was just that the subject matter fitted what I wanted to write about at the time.”

Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses - New Shoes Edition.jpg

Looking forward to this!

So, the Berne show...
This is an additional night? Unreleased before and not to be confused with the 25th on Bursting Out?
And that means I still get to look forward to a Steve Wilson remix of Bursting out?

Or... Bursting out was really actually the 28th. And this means there will be no Steve Wilson remix of Bursting Out in the pipeline?

FYI
This is not officially listed, don't know why this is listed at all: ??
37. A Town In England (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)

This will be included on the DVD with flat transfers:
47. Rover (No Strings Version)

+ I've reported "trembling sky" to Warner. :yikes

From Steven's Facebook page:

On the 9th February, the next in a series of Jethro Tull hardback book format reissues will be released by Parlophone. Heavy Horses was original issued in 1978 and continued the folk rock stylings of the previous year's Songs From the Wood album. The 3CD/2DVD 40th anniversary "New Shoes Edition" features my remix of the original album and nine additional bonus tracks from the same sessions, most of which have never been heard before. A DVD includes the remix in high resolution 96/24 LPCM stereo and most of the tracks also mixed to 5.1 surround sound. 2 further CDs and a DVD contain a live concert from May 1978 newly mixed to stereo and surround by Jakko M Jakszyk. A 96-page booklet covers a history of the album and corresponding tour, complete lyrics, rare photos and exclusive interviews.

FYI
This is not officially listed, don't know why this is listed at all: ??
37. A Town In England (Steven Wilson Remix, 96/24 PCM Stereo)

This will be included on the DVD with flat transfers:
47. Rover (No Strings Version)

+ I've reported "trembling sky" to Warner. :yikes

John, is 'A Town In England' actually a Tull tune that we can expect in another forthcoming set?

John, is 'A Town In England' actually a Tull tune that we can expect in another forthcoming set?
Wouldn't that be interesting. :) Not sure about this yet.
The answer is somewhere in a town in England. ;) I'm seeking that answer. Oh, England, trembling with anxiety (I might have missed something). Maybe changing to excitement...time will tell.

:brew

Back