Jethro Tull - "Heavy Horses" (New Shoes Edition) to be released in February 2018!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HH is delayed :( From Amazon just now:

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on December 09, 2017 (*******). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Jethro Tull "Heavy Horses (New Shoes Edition)(3CD/2DVD)"
Estimated arrival date: March 08, 2018 - March 09, 2018

Sigh.

I can't figure out the "Amazons"...now we have amazon US listing this release in March...I checked importcds...bullmoose...burning shed...amazon UK...acoustic sounds....and NONE of them list this title with a release date of March...so the website that took forever to realize that Bridge Over Troubled Waters was cancelled..... all of a sudden has this early information on this release....this is certainly puzzling to me...and if I'm not mistaken...isn't this release coming from the UK?..if so it's strange that burning shed and amazon UK don't know about the release date revision..OR is it just amazon US that is being delayed...

I totally agree. I'm relatively new to Tull, I'd heard quite a few of the more folky Tull tunes when I was in a similar band as a teenager, but they never really grabbed me back then, perhaps my prog 'sense' was just under developed at the time. These sets are really great, I think for me discovering the 70's period of the band has being fantastic, particular favourites being Thick As A Brick, Passion Play and Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll. I've purposely not gone out of my way to hear any of the albums before hearing them for the 'first' time on these sets and I'll be a little sad when the albums with the 70's line up end to be honest. I've not heard many great things about the 80's albums, but I'm a synth geek and born in the early 70's so I grew up listening to synth based bands like Depeche Mode and New Order etc in the 80's so I am sort of prepared for that inevitable 80's sound! I really can't see them stopping these sets now though, I'm pretty sure Jakko or someone else, maybe Bruce will carry it on...

I have another question for the Tull geeks ;) I have the original Thick As A Brick set, but as we all know this could do with a re-release to at least correct all of the audio issues and I'd personally like to see the authentic newspaper reproduction again too. This was the first Tull 'book' set so I imagine it was somewhat of a prototype and they were testing the water a bit and that's probably why there are only two discs with just the basic album. So my question, if they re-issue it is there any extra notable material or live shows from the period that could make up the extra CD(s) and DVD???
Simon I think you'll like this album this song comes from a lot:
https://youtu.be/XPknzf9Eb5A
It's not likely it'll ever be re released I suppose.
A, from a few years earlier is a bit similar... Both being more synth based but sharing only Ian Anderson in terms of members.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I can't figure out the "Amazons"...now we have amazon US listing this release in March...I checked importcds...bullmoose...burning shed...amazon UK...acoustic sounds....and NONE of them list this title with a release date of March...so the website that took forever to realize that Bridge Over Troubled Waters was cancelled..... all of a sudden has this early information on this release....this is certainly puzzling to me...and if I'm not mistaken...isn't this release coming from the UK?..if so it's strange that burning shed and amazon UK don't know about the release date revision..OR is it just amazon US that is being delayed...

Actually, Burning Shed have had a March 2nd release date up since mid-December, so everywhere else has been slow to catch up.

I'm pretty sure that this additional slight delay has been caused by the artwork mistake. The date changed after that was reported and fixed...

Simon I think you'll like this album this song comes from a lot:
https://youtu.be/XPknzf9Eb5A
It's not likely it'll ever be re released I suppose.
A, from a few years earlier is a bit similar... Both being more synth based but sharing only Ian Anderson in terms of members.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've just listened to the whole album, definitely of it's time, but I've heard a lot worse! Some quite nice synth sounds in there, plus quite a few that should have stayed in the 80's. It may get a re-release after the Tull ones are finished, Ian seems to want to leave a comprehensive legacy behind, so maybe we'll get sets of his solo work with 5.1 at some point. I've only heard this, TAAB 2 and Homo Erraticus (which already have 5.1 mixes) so I don't know how the other solo albums he's done stand up...

I totally agree. I'm relatively new to Tull, I'd heard quite a few of the more folky Tull tunes when I was in a similar band as a teenager, but they never really grabbed me back then, perhaps my prog 'sense' was just under developed at the time. These sets are really great, I think for me discovering the 70's period of the band has being fantastic, particular favourites being Thick As A Brick, Passion Play and Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll. I've purposely not gone out of my way to hear any of the albums before hearing them for the 'first' time on these sets and I'll be a little sad when the albums with the 70's line up end to be honest. I've not heard many great things about the 80's albums, but I'm a synth geek and born in the early 70's so I grew up listening to synth based bands like Depeche Mode and New Order etc in the 80's so I am sort of prepared for that inevitable 80's sound! I really can't see them stopping these sets now though, I'm pretty sure Jakko or someone else, maybe Bruce will carry it on...

I have another question for the Tull geeks ;) I have the original Thick As A Brick set, but as we all know this could do with a re-release to at least correct all of the audio issues and I'd personally like to see the authentic newspaper reproduction again too. This was the first Tull 'book' set so I imagine it was somewhat of a prototype and they were testing the water a bit and that's probably why there are only two discs with just the basic album. So my question, if they re-issue it is there any extra notable material or live shows from the period that could make up the extra CD(s) and DVD???

I think you would like Crest of a Knave. It does have that eighties digital sound but the music is very good and crankable. I picked it up on release day and really like it. I certainly wish it would get the SW treatment but most likely not.

If I may digress: why? Starting with the day gives the least-pinpointing piece of information first. Starting with the month at least points the mental calendar to the correct general vicinity.

I think it all comes down to the way its said verbally...

3rd of February, 2018 vs February 3rd, 2018. Europe tends to use the former, the US tends to use the latter.

Imagine what its like for us folk over here when we discover that there aren't 31 months (1-31-2018) :ugham:

You know what happened...when I went to Burning Shed I saw 2-3-2018...I FORGOT those tricky European folks...they put the day first and the month second:ugham:

importcds and acoustic sounds have updated their release date now to March 2..or 2 March for those proper Englishmen:)

So, technically, it should be in our greedy little hands by the Ides of March? Et Tu Tull!

I'm pre~ordering it tonight from Deep Discount....with their 15% off discount the delivered price is $37.32 [cheaper than AmazonUS' price of $44 + sales tax] :banana:

So, technically, it should be in our greedy little hands by the Ides of March? Et Tu Tull!

I'm pre~ordering it tonight from Deep Discount....with their 15% off discount the delivered price is $37.32 [cheaper than AmazonUS' price of $44 + sales tax] :banana:

I went with THE MOOSE...$38.97 and some points toward future purchases here

I'm not sure I want to wait 6 years for another deal like that:violin

Wild, Wild er, Heavy Horses will NEVER separate Clint from a GREAT deal.....:ugham:

I'm still 'anticipating' the entire TULL 5.1 Steve Wilson remixes one day being re~released on LOSSLESS BD~A or UHD 8K Dolby Atmos
:banana:

Back