Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellow Amazon.ca pre-orderers, good news: if you haven't gotten an update on your order then keep an eye out for an email like the one pasted below. I just received it:

Vous trouverez la version française de ce courriel au bas de la page.)

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on April 04, 2017 (Order# xx-xxxxx-xxxxx). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

THE NEW ORIGINALS "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition (6 Disc)"
Estimated arrival date: June 07, 2017 - June 19, 2017

I won't do my happy dance until I have it in hand but it seems that much more likely tonight that they'll honor that crazy early price.

Props again to @Kevin55 at SH.tv for finding and sharing the deal.

Fellow Amazon.ca pre-orderers, good news: if you haven't gotten an update on your order then keep an eye out for an email like the one pasted below. I just received it:

I won't do my happy dance until I have it in hand but it seems that much more likely tonight that they'll honor that crazy early price.

Props again to @Kevin55 at SH.tv for finding and sharing the deal.

Uh, yep. I received same email. :yikes:banana::cool::yikes:banana::cool:

Except, mine says delivery of June 1- June 6 since I chose faster shipping. :)

Many at SHF are now reporting that they have received emails from Amazon CA saying the pricing was error and they won't be getting the product at that price. Oh well. While I haven't received that email yet, just a matter of time.

We all knew this would be the result.

I'd never be confused with an optimist but so far only one poster has received that "cancellation" email. Several posted they received the "shipping window" email last night. With such close proximity between these emails with opposite apparent messages it seems slightly better than 50/50. Maybe some are being canceled and others are being honored. Who knows... yet. In that thread I just posted a few other questions related to his order, hoping maybe some kind of pattern can be triangulated -- okay, inferred. Well, invented, I guess.

[Edit to add my questions, his answers and a couple thoughts (italics):

Did you update your shipping at any point?

No.​

Did you get their email last night with the shipping window?

No.​

When you go to the product page does it say/has it said that it can't be delivered in your state (I may be getting you confused with another poster)?

"This item does not ship to your selected location."I believe he's had this message for at least a day or so but no one else has reported it, myself included.

Do you have any simultaneous orders for this at other Amazon stores?

Yes. I briefly had a pre-order at Amazon's Italian site as well but canceled it pretty soon, figuring it's possible that if I had multiple orders for the same item in Amazon's database it could factor into potential cancellation. Who knows, but maybe it is

Anyhow, if it gets canceled then I'll look into other options. If I wind up paying closer to $120 then I'll likely wait and check out a semi-local store that sometimes breaks street date. On those occasions, sometimes they have a decent discount, sometimes they charge full list. If the latter, then I'll order from Bull Moose or another indie. I'm in no particular hurry -- anticipation can be the best part.

As with the Rhino Chicago Quad boxset, I'm sure the price for Sgt. Pepper will dip below $100 and we STILL don't know if the 5.1 remix is discrete or another Beatles 1+ disappointment [which is THE main reason I'm buying this set].

Sometimes, Patience IS a virtue!

Would you like to know the real number of albums that could provide a satisfying live/immersive multichannel experience? Well, consider this:

Next month we are going to be able to hear for the first time, one of the biggest recording and creative landmark records of the 20th Century. In 5.1.

Which itself, was only recorded onto four discrete tracks.

Roll over Daniel Barenboim, and tell Sejii Ozawa the news.

So, what is IT?

One place I won't be ordering it from is our own JB HiFi. AU$335.00 for the deluxe box set!

JB......you've screwed us again

I'll be hoping for a good price overseas for this one as I did for the Pink Floyd box. That was (at one stage) AU$850 until it reduced to AU$785 (still ridiculous)

I had a very interesting discussion with a JB HiFi manager last week, I told him about the ridiculous prices they had, he told me their suppliers are who to blame with their high prices!

Anyway as a result (maybe) ? The Sgt Pepper deluxe box is now down to AU$260, still quite a bit higher than almost everywhere else but at least far better than AU$335

I had a very interesting discussion with a JB HiFi manager last week, I told him about the ridiculous prices they had, he told me their suppliers are who to blame with their high prices!

Anyway as a result (maybe) ? The Sgt Pepper deluxe box is now down to AU$260, still quite a bit higher than almost everywhere else but at least far better than AU$335

OUCH, that is steep! Considering my options as to whether I should order it online or simply bite the bullet and pick it up locally instead. Maybe I'll just wait and buy the Hi-Res download as I'm also debating if I really want the full set or not. Should probably buy it lol. :D

Amazon US now at $117.99.

Yep - so now my order with them, with shipping is $125.36 I bet they will drop a few more dollars yet. I'm keeping my order with them till the bitter end. Oh, and I still have my ultra cheap Amazon Canada...oh and my original Bull Moose at $120.

What to do...what to do... :)

:yikes:yikes:yikes

OK, just went back to my original email from Amazon Canada, clicked on the order and....get ready...

MY ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELED. !!!! I didn't even get an email explanation.

:yikes:yikes:yikes

OK, just went back to my original email from Amazon Canada, clicked on the order and....get ready...

MY ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELED. !!!! I didn't even get an email explanation.

Sorry about that, Gene. Well, at least it takes one option out of the equation.

My Chicago Quadio set that I preordered from Bull Moose arrived at my house on the official release date. So if you stay with Bull Moose, you'll be one of the first to find out if the 5.1 mix is as fucked up as 1+. :violin

Yep - of course I never honestly thought that price would stick. Why would it? An error on their part and they cancelled. Bummer for me...and a zillion others I guess. :)
Now the battle between Moose and Amazon continues. Something tells me Amazon will go lower. I personally doubt it will ever drop to $100, I really don't. I've heard others who think it will. I'm not one of them.

I still cant pass up the $165.00 Japanese version with the diorama included.
UICY-78342_ADD2.jpg

Back