2024 Grammy Nominees for Best Immersive Audio Album

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In any case, the nominating process is as follows, as far as I understand it:
  • To be entered for consideration this year, an eligible recording had to be properly submitted between July 17th and August 31 (the online entry period) by a Professional or Voting member of the Academy or by a "registered media company"--typically a record label. According to the rules, "Members are permitted to submit their own eligible recordings as well as the recordings of their peers for consideration." As always, if a recording isn't submitted, it can't be nominated.
Would this mean that an album released after August 31st in a given year could be submitted to the following year's award process? I.e., a late 2023 album could be considered for 2025 Grammy's?

Would this mean that an album released after August 31st in a given year could be submitted to the following year's award process? I.e., a late 2023 album could be considered for 2025 Grammy's?
No: July 17 - August 31, 2023 was the period during which nominations for this year's Grammys could be submitted. Recordings eligible for nomination had to have been released (or scheduled for release) between October 1, 2022 and September 15, 2023. It's been announced that the eligibility period for consideration for the 2025 Grammys is September 16, 2023 through August 30, 2024.
https://www.billboard.com/music/awa...y-period-to-close-earlier-details-1235576531/

Last edited:
No: July 17 - August 31, 2023 was the period during which nominations for this year's Grammys could be submitted. Recordings eligible for nomination had to have been released (or scheduled for release) between October 1, 2022 and September 15, 2023. It's been announced that the eligibility period for consideration for the 2025 Grammys is September 16, 2023 through August 30, 2024.
https://www.billboard.com/music/awa...y-period-to-close-earlier-details-1235576531/
OK thanks... I guess I don't foresee The Harmony Codex being submitted (doesn't seem like there's much love for SW in the voting circles), but who knows...

I just finished this years winner, Alicia keys-the diary of alicia keys.

I listened to all her Atmos releases via Apple 4K 4 weeks ago or so, and I did like them all.

This however is a poor choice for Immersive Album Of The Year. The song Dragon Days, the better.
I listen to many Atmos releases and many are better. I listen mostly to hard discs then I do streamed.
It makes me wonder, I assume as I read above a Hi Res file is sent to those that vote. Certainly the voters are not sitting at home listening and judging music via Apple?
So the judging is done not by what we hear at home, but by a better version?

Anyway, not my interest to even learn about it, all seems kind of stupid.

Last edited:
Back