A Kind Word May Go A Long Way

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrahrah

I was just on the Best Buy website and decided to contact them via email. I simply thanked them for supporting the surround format by stocking SACD and DVD-A's. I thought that if we all just sent them a little note, just to let them know we're out there.
Maybe if you go to other forums that are related you can pass it on?

Happy New Year; I hope you are surrounded with blessing in the year ahead.

Not a bad idea, though I'm sure retailers would prefer to get more sales instead. Then again, as someone pointed out in a different thread---was it Jon?---that many of the discs that some stores stock are simply bad ones that no one would ever consider buying---not even enthusiasts like us. Maybe the retailers could use a little help in figuring out which discs are good and which ones, erm, suck. Having a solid selection of good releases on the shelf is a better barometer of how much interest there is in multi-channel music for a particular store than is, say, some clerk mentioning, "Well... We've had this stereo, non-hybrid SACD of "Tower of Power" just sitting on the shelf for 4 years straight." I guess I was thinking maybe the emails could have requests for favorite albums to be stocked. Then again I think the simplicity of a short and sweet "Thank You" could be better as it is much easier and less confusing to do.

I'm just a-ramblin' a-with every which way with my thought here tonight, aren't I ???!!! :)

Back