A new SQ method!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn't a shareware Audition, AFAIK.
The scripts exist for all versions - you may as well go for whatever one is best value for you.
Unless your card has a digital connection to a suitable decoder, or you have players installed with the correct decoders, then a DTS-CD is needed.
You ought to bre able to play these okay with VLC Media PLayer though - www.videolan.org

Oh wow... just decoded my first track using this new method (with the 'phasebug' plugin) 'Badia' by Weather Report off 'Tale Spinnin'. And... umm yeah shall we forget the old way?

OK way too soon to say it's perfect but given that we know that SQ cannot be 100% discrete, this sure gets close. But for me the most important thing is the reduction in 'smearing' of the transients, something I always attributed to the centre channel extractor, but I don't know how Lucanu has done it but although the CCE is still crunching away, all of a sudden drum hits are crisp and where they should be. Wow.
I'm going to do a few more of my old saved stereo SQ files (glad I saved them now!) and report back.

Lucanu? Seems it's about as good as it can be for SQ on the computer? Never having heard a Tate I would like to get some comparison from someone who has...

Cheers all, Colin

I posted a few days ago that I was A-B'ing one of the conversions I did(Santana I) using Luca's latest script with a Q8 and found almost no difference in "discreteness",
the separation was there , it was quite a pleasant surprise!

...Luca is the man!
:phones

I don't understand the buzz about phasebug. I think it do the same job as AA's own graphic phase shifter. Doesn't it ?

Lucanu,

Could you describe the algorythm of the script (more like flow-chart), please? I am trying to implement SQ decoder in Plogue and step-by-step description of what script is doing would be great help.

Thanks

Hi Jason
Audition script structure was based on the first one that was published by Tab Patterson from an idea by a german guy that was/is a member here.
The whole thing was impressive but as things get involved they needed to be tweaked and improved. I managed to work with audition 2.0 that could perform ASIO, so I thought to test it with a different approach.
Anyway, if you need "my" structure of the script I could do what you call a "flowchart" since it's a good idea.

I'm actually very busy, I'm writing from my office, but ASAIC I will do this if it helps.

p.s. Center Channel Extractor from AA is hard to simulate with another software tool

Lucanu,

It would be great if you could post a flow-chart of what script is doing. Whenever you get a chance.

Thanks!

This is the latest SQ Script, for those who are looking. Read through this thread, and you Should be rockin'.

Any updates not posted?

I was directed to this "new" thread. Will this work on AA 1.5? If so, will it work on 16bit/44.1 kHz recordings? Finally, about this "phasebug", it says to install in the "VST folder". What is this VST folder and where do I find it so I can do the download? Thanks for all your help.

I was directed to this "new" thread. Will this work on AA 1.5? If so, will it work on 16bit/44.1 kHz recordings? Finally, about this "phasebug", it says to install in the "VST folder". What is this VST folder and where do I find it so I can do the download? Thanks for all your help.

You access the "phasebug" VST plug-in by going to Effects>VST in "Edit" mode with AA 2.0. Have not tried it with AA 1.5 yet. The "phasebug" VST plug-in is put in the "plug-ins" folder in the AA program folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 2.0\Plug-ins

It should work with 16 bit/44.1 kHz and higher bit rates - if I've got all this correct. It's been a while since I've done this lately.

I don't understand the buzz about phasebug. I think it do the same job as AA's own graphic phase shifter. Doesn't it ?

Not as well, no.
There is a bigger problem with the script though, and I wonder if Lucanu can correct it?
If Phasebug isanywhere except in C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugins it just cannot find it.
I normally have phase tools in a subfolder of VSTPlugins, and the script cannot find it.

Back