A new SQ method!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah.
I am using AA3, if that is any help.
Thought all I needed to do was rescan the effects folder (which I did) and it brought in all VST plugins.
As soon as I moved PhasBug out of "C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugins/Utilities" and placed it in the root of the shared folder
("C:/Program Files/Steinberg/VSTPlugins") it worked.

I thought it might have been pilot error, but was not certain.
Now I am.....oops

I did rescan the folder! The Script just did not "see" phasebug until I moved it into the root of the shared folder - even though AA itself did.
What I did not do was install Phasebug into the Audition VST folder though, but the shared one instead.
Will copy into the Audition one instead, and put it back into Utilities in the shared folder....

Thanks for the tip!

The first SQ Script I used worked well with my Adobe Audition 1.5, but the QS Script really stank. Does anyone knoe a a good QS script that will run in Adobe Audition 1.5?

This all looks great - I picked up AA 3.01 just to do this (I currently use the fogate tateII - hardware solution). so now I have the software and the script and the phasebug (can't seem to find the center channel extractor filter the script is pointing to, and the vst tool under effects seems empty) - has anyone put out a step by step for dummies? for someone who has never used AA before? and is that center channel filter available?

thanks

The Centre Channel extractor is part of the AA toolset, and should be there already when AA is installed.
Phasebug could be installed into the private AA location - or the public one - and to get access to the public one the effects folder will need to be pointed to and scanned.

I'll try & put a step by step thing together...

In EDIT mode look at EFFECTS>Stereo Imagery. In the drop down box you will see the Center Channel Extractor

I may be a tad dense...but can someone tell me the way to do this with phasebug?...create a front and rear wav...install phasebug in the VST folder..run the script...now...does it save the files or does it leave them open in Audition and you have to save them?....confused on that point...thanks in advance.

You're not dense. I believe there are aspects to the process that some may think should be intuitive. If you are only moderately computer literate like myself, figuring out this process can and will be a pain. I plan on working on some this this weekend. I will try to nail down the proper sequence and post it.

Much appreciated!!...I will also do some converts...perhaps we can get a tutorial together...

I just decoded Edgar Winter Group, and was listening to Frankenstein. (SQ) This script gets fantastic separation. Thanks.

still hoping for that step by step guide for dummies - this is just not all that intuitive :-(

I may be a tad dense...but can someone tell me the way to do this with phasebug?...create a front and rear wav...install phasebug in the VST folder..run the script...now...does it save the files or does it leave them open in Audition and you have to save them?....confused on that point...thanks in advance.

I'll leave it to someone else to put together the definitive guide. But to get you started, let me just put what I have done that has worked for me. I am a noob on this forum, so I suspect others will have things to add. This was how I figured it all out:

1. First, download the scripts earlier in this thread.
2. You will now have on your computer a file called "Lucanu SQ Script" Extract that zipped file (probably by right-clicking on the file), and extract the files inside (SQ_Lucanu.scp and sq decoding_last) to a temporary folder.
3. Make a dedicated folder where you will do all your decoding, e.g., c:\quad
4. Open "SQ_Lucanu.scp" with wordpad or notepad, and everywhere it says "d:\mountain," change that to your work folder (e.g. for this example, "C:\quad").
5. Copy the SQ_Lucanu.scp file to the scripts folder of your adobe audition install. (Probably "c:\program files\adobe\adobe audition\scripts")
6. (Note, the reason that I edited the script separately and then moved it to the audition folder was that in my case, I was unable to edit it once it was in the scripts folder. Audition has a script editor, which also won't save the changes. There is probably some way to fix this, but since time is short for me, I just did it the simple way.)
7. Fire up Audition, you should now be able to go to File>Scripts, then choose "Open / New Collection," and you should be able to select SQ_Lucanu.scp.
8. Close Audition, and download the Phasebug zip file.
9. Extract the PhaseBug installer, and run that.
10. Install the PhaseBug files into the "plug-ins" folder of Audition, (probably "c:\program files\adobe\audition...\Plug-ins") The installer extracts four files, two drivers (i.e., files with a .dll extension) and a manual and an uninstaller.
11. (Note: my Plug-ins folder had two subfolders called 'VSTi' and 'VSTPlugins'. I wasn't sure exactly where these should go, so I copied and pasted the files into all the folders. I.e., Plug-ins, and also in the two subfolders.)
12. Fire up Audition. You will know if PhaseBug is loaded correctly by going to Effects>VST and PhaseBug should be an option to run. (Note that unless you have an audio file loaded, I think the option will be greyed out.
13. It took me a while to get Audition to recognize PhaseBug. As I recall, I finally went to Effects>VST Plug In Manager, and kept hitting ok. This seemed to refresh the VST list.
14. Once you have the script set up and PhaseBug loaded the rest is easy. Copy your vinyl to a .wav file. (The preference on this forum seems to be to cut off all the excess lead ins and disc flip first, and correct any clicks.)
15. Make a copy of your .wav file (e.g., EdgarWinterGroup.wav) into the folder where you will do your work (e.g., c:\quad).
16. Made a copy of that .wav file in the same folder. Rename one front.wav, and the other rear.wav.
17. Fire up Audition.
18. Go to File>Scripts, in the dialogue box, highlight SQ_Lucanu.
19. Make sure that you uncheck "Pause at Dialogues," unless you want sit an click OK for several hours.
19. Click "Run Script," and leave your computer alone for many hours.
20. If all went well, you should eventually get a dialogue box that says "You successfully completed the script."
21. There will now be two files displayed in the left-hand side of the software, under the "files" tab: "front.wav*" and "rear.wav*"
22. Pay attention to which file you are currently looking at, you will know because it displays the name up in the title bar (at the very top, right after Adobe Audition).
23. Go to File>Save As, and save the file you are looking at in a folder that is meaningful to you, and change the name. So, for example, if you are looking at "front.wav" you might save it as 'EdgarWinterGroupfront.wav' or something similar.
24. After it is done saving, click the second file in the left side (give the computer a second to pull that file up to display, because this software is fairly resource intensive, and may bog your computer down). Once that comes up and the new waveform displays, save it similarly, e.g., "EdgarWinterGrouprear.wav'
25. I then go in and delete the original front.wav and rear.wav. I keep the decoded files in the same folder as the original .wav, and the "cleaned" .wav.
26. Create your surround disc. You will need something like SurCode CD Pro DTS. That is another story.

I have yet to tackle a QS file. My unending thanks to the author of this script, and others on this forum...

EXCELLENT JOB, STLJLC!!! I may have to pull this post and sticky it somewhere.

THANKS

Back