ABCKO SACDs - Not MC, but...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClarkNovak

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I've been really impressed with the SACD hybrid discs I've heard so far from ABCKO. The Stones discs are wonderful after years of murky third-generation masters, the recent Animals comp the same, the Sam Cookes (although they reveal the limitations of Ampex 3-tracks) are good too.

Has anyone heard the Herman's Hermits disc?

Clark

ClarkNovak said:
I've been really impressed with the SACD hybrid discs I've heard so far from ABKCO. The Stones discs are wonderful after years of murky third-generation masters, the recent Animals comp the same, the Sam Cookes (although they reveal the limitations of Ampex 3-tracks) are good too.

Has anyone heard the Herman's Hermits disc?

Clark

Actually the Sam Cooke "At The Copa" SACD has a Surround Sound mix. Very nice sense of a live concert setting on that one. Recommended.

And then there's the Rolling Stones Symphony for the Devil SACD. It has several versions of one song - but again in Surround Sound SACD. Fun.

I have both the HH and the Animals SACDs, and they sound PFG for such old material.

Back