Alfred Marucci - A life of Tango

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ct

I'm no tango expert, by any means, but a recent trip to Buenos Aires wetted my appetite for tango music - of course. I picked up the "Gotan Project," upon hearing it in a music store there. A good, new-world type disc; but not traditional. I just received the new Channel Classics recording, Alfred Marucci, a Life of Tango, recorded to celebrate his 75th birthday. It comes as close to what I heard in BA as I have heard. Really fine, basic, tango music. Nicely recorded, good sonics, etc etc. A nice addition to any collection. He is truly a Tango master.

ct said:
I'm no tango expert, by any means, but a recent trip to Buenos Aires wetted my appetite for tango music - of course. I picked up the "Gotan Project," upon hearing it in a music store there. A good, new-world type disc; but not traditional. I just received the new Channel Classics recording, Alfred Marucci, a Life of Tango, recorded to celebrate his 75th birthday. It comes as close to what I heard in BA as I have heard. Really fine, basic, tango music. Nicely recorded, good sonics, etc etc. A nice addition to any collection. He is truly a Tango master.

That is a good one. And I'd certainly recommend exploring some of the other SACDs from Channel Classics. They have issued some nice SACDs in the last few years.

I agree about Channel Classics. Their Peter Wispelwey album of Tchaikovsky-Saint-Saens-Bruch pieces must be one of the absolute best Hi Rez Multichannel Releases issued. I'm surprised more has not been written about it. It is simply fabulous.

You can also try La Stravaganza - 12 Violin Concertos by Vivaldi on Channel Clasics. Simply great!

ct said:
I agree about Channel Classics. Their Peter Wispelwey album of Tchaikovsky-Saint-Saens-Bruch pieces must be one of the absolute best Hi Rez Multichannel Releases issued. I'm surprised more has not been written about it. It is simply fabulous.

I have that one. Yes, very well done indeed.

Back