Any help on where to find Alison Krauss & Union Station Live SACD?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you buy in Sacramento now that towers gone

The area is actually rich in places to shop, compared to some of the other areas I hear about.

1. A local chain, Dimples, has about 6 stores. 1/2 used, 1/2 new. and good prices. I think they are what Towers used to be before going worldwide and corporate. In fact, they took over a couple of tower locations.
2. R-5 records - at original Towers location. Original Towers owner in fact
3. The Beat
4. Usual assortment of Best Buy, Fry's, Borders, Circuit City, B&N
5. There are a hand full of smaller stores, but I don't visit them much. Including a nice vinyl store in Old Sacramento, if anyone ever visits.

Quite a few stores in fact. But no more Alison Krauss SACD. I don't know how many times I put "New Favorite" back on the shelf to look for something else. "There are so many of these, I'll just pick one up later" :rolleyes: Few months later, all gone.... :alienrob:

Quite a few stores in fact. But no more Alison Krauss SACD. I don't know how many times I put "New Favorite" back on the shelf to look for something else. "There are so many of these, I'll just pick one up later" :rolleyes: Few months later, all gone.... :alienrob:

I had that one in my hands years ago and passed, I really knew nothing about it before my visits here. I just picked up the New Favorite CD and recorded the live performance in HD and will live with those versions. It is a shame Rounder can't make SACD work, but it isn't the only company that tried and failed.

Chris

Amazon has the DVD (same music content as the SACD with a second DVD worth of interviews, features and add'l video) - it has both DTS and DD surround mixes for $19.99 - I'm sure you can find it for less elsewhere. I love Alison Krauss and Union Station (a big Jerry Douglas fan) and while this is an excellent live recording I'm not so sure that it is the Holy Grail of SACD surround titles that would warrant a significant expense above and beyond $19.99. Pretty much ambience in the rears and while that is OK for a live show, I'm not sure how big a difference it would be from the DTS mix on the DVD. To be perfectly honest, I would prefer the DVD - if you're a fan of Bluegrass and great players this is a fun one to watch.

I agree with the recommendation of the DVD. Excellent DTS track, great close-ups of microphones and fretboards! :)

I can't imagine that the SACD would be prefered in any respect.

Back