Atmos MKV stutters on VLC media player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These kinds of problems are why I like using a physical media player (with Kodi) instead of my PC. Sound cards, drivers, and other settings are too complicated for me.
A big advantage of running LibreELEC on a Rasbperry Pi is that the entire thing is optimized for media playback. A big disadvantage is that the Pi is a single-purpose box that can't be used for general computing. That's not an issue for me, but it might be for normal people who don't want 17,000 different computers.

You know, it's amazing to me how complicated this is. I mean, all I want to do is play my Atmos files and not have to jump through hoops to do it. Yeah, yeah. I know. I could just get out the disc, but I'm way past that.

No, identical to before..

• SPDIF-Out (USB soundblaster HD)
  • Denon - DVRHD (3-Intel Display Audio)
  • Speaker - USB soundblaster HD
  • Speaker (2-Realtek Audio)
My last suggestion is to check the settings you previously made and be sure the Wasapi driver is enabled and there wasn't some save button you had to press to keep the setting.

I have VLC version 3.0.20 Vetinari (Nvidia) but can't test on the machine that I'm on right now.

To set WASAPI in VLC:
  1. Start VLC player
  2. Menu: Tools > Preferences
  3. Under "Show Settings (lower left), check 'All' (instead of 'Simple')
  4. In the tree (left): Audio > Output Modules > MM Device
  5. Change "Output back-end" to "Windows Audio Session API Output"

GOS this is what you need to do first

And then choose this from your list of available options:
No, identical to before..
  • Denon - DVRHD (3-Intel Display Audio)

Intel display audio = audio sent via the HDMI port.

GOS this is what you need to do first

And then choose this from your list of available options:

Intel display audio = audio sent via the HDMI port.
What I been sayin'.
I've never had to try and enable wasapi to make it work on several pc's and AVR's.
It should default to that (intel) on his pc other than running hdmi from a video card. Unless he had an AMD cpu/mobo of course.

I don't see a need to enable wasapi to use VLC. I have never had to on multiple pc's and AVR's. Dead end. There's something else going on.

WASAPI is the only way to pass Atmos VIA HDMI in Windows.

Back