Bose announces auto universal player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOW THAT'S A GOOD PRODUCT................................for 2001! :D

Actually, it's what we all clamoured for back then, especially if it came factory installed in cars.

Actually, I've done a bunch of work with the automotive folks at Bose and they DO know how to create a great car system. I was fortunate enough to hear some custom demonstration tracks that I made in conjunction with them in a concept car last fall and it was very impressive.

I'm waiting for a single DIN unit that will also do HD Radio.

Once such a beast exists (that does both SACD and DVD-A) I will be a happy camper!

I'm waiting for a single DIN unit that will also do HD Radio.

Once such a beast exists (that does both SACD and DVD-A) I will be a happy camper!

The Bose Universal Car Unit does both SACD and DVD-A. But it's not available as an aftermarket product yet.

As for HD Radio, some of the folks that have heard it don't find it to be too "HD" sonically! :)

The Bose Universal Car Unit does both SACD and DVD-A. But it's not available as an aftermarket product yet.

As for HD Radio, some of the folks that have heard it don't find it to be too "HD" sonically! :)

I have an HD radio in my car at the moment, along with one in my shop at work. I'm a radio engineer, and the cluster I work for has 5 HD FMs on the air.

As far as sound quality improvements, it depends on a number of things. It is nice having frequency response out to 22 KHz. There are occasionally a few artifacts though. That said, the HD codec is much better then mp3.

Also the fact that it is static free is very very cool. The second channels aren't anything to write home about, but they are interesting. One of our stations has an all blues format on the HD-2 channel that I really enjoy.

The main reason I would want the unit to do HD though is so I could monitor both the HD and analog from my car.

What would be really cool is if the theoretical 5.1 universal player ALSO did the 5.1 FM HD system that is currently being tested in Boston (and a couple of other places.) That's a wet dream at this point though.

When oh When will there be an aftermarket 5.1 SACD/DVD-A/DTS car player!!!!!

Back