BRD-A Vs. BD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You’re absolutely right but, of course, OPPO Blu Ray players are no longer in production (and are virtually made of unobtainium). I’m so glad that I bought mine when I did.
Are there any other players that will send DSD over HDMI? I'd be amazed if it's just Oppo, I can't see Arcam receiving it in their AVRs just for Oppo. As for unobtanium, there are plenty of Oppo players on ebay in the UK though admittedly the 205 is at stupid prices and the 203 costs about what it did when new. 10x and 9x models are more reasonably priced and will all output DSD over HDMI.

Are there any other players that will send DSD over HDMI? I'd be amazed if it's just Oppo, I can't see Arcam receiving it in their AVRs just for Oppo.
Of course. Most "modern" universal disc players with SACD capability and HDMI output can send DSD over HDMI, whether as "full native" DSD or DoP (DSD-over-PCM), which is still lossless and does not involve conversion to PCM.

Of course. Most "modern" universal disc players with SACD capability and HDMI output can send DSD over HDMI, whether as "full native" DSD or DoP (DSD-over-PCM), which is still lossless and does not involve conversion to PCM.
I'm not sure which of full native DSD or DoP my Oppo/Arcam AVR combo is doing. Indeed this is the first I've heard of DSD-over-PCM.

Back