Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???
this have been announced and advertised but never issued as quad LP or Q8.
similar fate happened not only to quad of Supertramp.
just at bottom you can also see Eagles "Desperado" as Quad LP and Q8 and further also listed ZZ Top "Fandango".
so it's sort of hard to see contradiction.

cotc.jpg

???
this have been announced and advertised but never issued as quad LP or Q8.
similar fate happened not only to quad of Supertramp.
just at bottom you can also see Eagles "Desperado" as Quad LP and Q8 and further also listed ZZ Top "Fandango".
so it's sort of hard to see contradiction.

View attachment 16834

I thought you were talking about Best Of Bread, not Crime.

I thought you were talking about Best Of Bread, not Crime.

Since Universal Music has been releasing the "Anniversary" editions of best selling albums (like Supertramp) lately - in some cases with Multichannel mixes (when available), I suspect we're more likely to see Crime in Multichannel via that process vs. an Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD. That's my guess/prediction. We'll see what happens.

But there are many Quad and 5.1 titles out there that could be released on Multichannel SACD by Audio Fidelity from Sony Music and Warner Music. Even if Crime isn't one of them... :)

Another snoozer. Wake me up when they release something current, you know, like from the last 30 years or so. :rolleyes:

Edit: Well, I guess I'll get Winelight, even though it still doesn't qualify within my chronologic window. :)

Another snoozer. Wake me up when they release something current, you know, like from the last 30 years or so. :rolleyes:

Edit: Well, I guess I'll get Winelight, even though it still doesn't qualify within my chronologic window. :)

(n)

Just kidding! You are allowed your dissatisfaction with this release even if many do not agree with your assessment. ;) btw, music wise, have you listened to this record in general or are you making an assumption that it's no good? How about the quad?

WINELIGHT is pleasant, relaxing light jazz, and within that context (like BREEZIN') it's okay, nothing challenging. And as said, a good mix. A big hit upon release, but not the kind of music that lingers in the public memory beyond "Just the Two of Us."

Bread, on the other hand, had a fine run of pop hits from 1970-72. As 'soft rock' went, they were for me the best during that time. You know the lighter material, but unless you were a diehard fan, it was easy to forget how hard they (like the Moody Blues) could rock when in the mood. They had two rockers that charted--"Let Your Love Go" and "Mother Freedom"--but it's "Make it With You," "It Don't Matter to Me" (remake, the hit), "If," "Baby I'm A-Want You" and the very lovely "Everything I Own"--that people remember. And if Bread's "Truckin'" doesn't have the cred of the Dead's "Truckin'," it's in the same spirit.

This should also be a fine selling title, too, if there's any justice. AF needs good sales to keep these MC's coming, so I'm in for this one, although I already own the CD-4 (two label variants) and Q8.

ED :)

Though I'm not a soft rock fan I am looking forward to this disc because they say the recording quiality is excellent.
"Make it With You" is the only Bread song I know

Correction: pretty sure I've heard "If" as well

WINELIGHT is pleasant, relaxing light jazz, and within that context (like BREEZIN') it's okay, nothing challenging. And as said, a good mix. A big hit upon release, but not the kind of music that lingers in the public memory beyond "Just the Two of Us."

Yes, and Winelight starts out with a much better 5.1 mix than Breezin' had. So even before any possible tweaks to the mix by Audio Fidelity's team, Winelight is ahead in that category - even though both started their Multichannel days on Warner in DVD-A... :)

I agree with the above description of Winelight. I was lucky to have recently picked up the DVDA version for a very good price. But I do like Bread and will probably get the sacd to supplement my cd4. These are good choices from AF.

None of the above for me. Who said that the Bread was going to be 5.1 ... in some other thread? Looks like it's 4.0 now.

None of the above for me. Who said that the Bread was going to be 5.1 ... in some other thread? Looks like it's 4.0 now.
Marshall's philosophy is to keep things the way it was released. He won't make a 4.1 disc or a 5.1 disc out an original 4.0 mix just to have the extra channels.

Marshall's philosophy is to keep things the way it was released. He won't make a 4.1 disc or a 5.1 disc out an original 4.0 mix just to have the extra channels.

Right. Just like Best of Guess Who which was created direct from the 4.0 Quad Analog Master Tapes done in the 1970s. Same story here - 4.0 not 5.1 as originally mixed.

(n)

Just kidding! You are allowed your dissatisfaction with this release even if many do not agree with your assessment. ;) btw, music wise, have you listened to this record in general or are you making an assumption that it's no good? How about the quad?

In all honesty, the only Bread I've ever owned was the single of Diary, when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I do recognize about half of the titles from radio airplay. I've never heard the quad, but this just isn't for me. Despite my grumpiness, I am very happy for those who will enjoy this.

In all honesty, the only Bread I've ever owned was the single of Diary, when I was about 10 or 11 years old. I do recognize about half of the titles from radio airplay. I've never heard the quad, but this just isn't for me. Despite my grumpiness, I am very happy for those who will enjoy this.

I've heard the Quad and it's pretty decent sounding. Too bad, you'll miss a good one. (y):)

Back