Calling All Billy Joel Fans

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve DVRed it. When I watch it I will zip right through those commercials.
I’d bet donuts to dollars that this will be released on blu-ray by Christmas. Furthermore there will be additional content that wouldn’t fit in the two hour time slot.
Did anyone actually go to one of the MSG concerts?
If so how long was it?
Probably 20 to 25 minutes of commercials. So if he played more than 100 minutes at MSG then ther will be additional content.

I’ve DVRed it. When I watch it I will zip right through those commercials.
I’d bet donuts to dollars that this will be released on blu-ray by Christmas. Furthermore there will be additional content that wouldn’t fit in the two hour time slot.
Did anyone actually go to one of the MSG concerts?
If so how long was it?
Probably 20 to 25 minutes of commercials. So if he played more than 100 minutes at MSG then ther will be additional content.
Post 33 has a link to the real setlist.. it looks like they cut 10 tracks or so.

I watched it on ParamountPlus. No commercials thankfully. It really was a great performance. Great band with him, pretty big band actually. Would make a great 4K Atmos Bluray. You know they have the source, what's the hold up?

Live concert videos must not sell well anymore. I remember seeing the Eagles on the Long Road Out of Eden Tour, and then on the 'History of the Eagles' tour, with Glenn Frey. Those concerts should have had BluRays, and with the Eagles management money-hungry, it should have been a no-brainer. However, the EOL of physical media must have played a part in all of these performances ending up as YouTube iPhone videos instead. What a shame

I think you're understating it. I think he sings great for his age compared to his peers. And Sting was awesome.
I agree with you. Joel is actually the one who says before he sings Innocent Man that he doesn't know if he can hit all the high notes.

Regarding Sting, I wonder if he did all of that Police alternative stuff in the early days just to accumulate enough money; and then he went on to do material that was of more interest to him.

Back