Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And again:

A non-published yet BD and it's already out of stock. This is so ridiculous.
In this case, sold out, after being announced long ago now with a clear message at that time it would be available for order for a limited period only. The 'out of stock' may be intentional as typically there will be some available around the time of release date, again in an even more limited quantity for an even shorter period of time. If you want one, be on the look out for those. There should be some prompt to give them your email to get notified about these.

And again:

View attachment 99801

A non-published yet BD and it's already out of stock. This is so ridiculous.
Hello fellow QQ’er:
The way to avoid this is to be somewhat fanatical like me & check SDE every day…
Or…sign up for their email blasts.
This way, you will not miss the pre-order windows (in this case 14 days.)
I think Paul’s efforts on behalf of our twisted little community are superhuman…but I also think the major labels keep his offerings to their terms - not his. ☮️

Do what I do, report to moderators.
Left lower corner, click report.
Thats like delivery bullshit on Poll Threads, drives me nuts.
Why are there posts about Def Leppard in a Camel thread? Probably losing my mind again.
I guess it’s my fault but geez, look at post #659 and tell me how that wasn’t a legit post for this thread.

I guess it’s my fault but geez, look at post #659 and tell me how that wasn’t a legit post for this thread.
Your post was fine. LOL. It wasn't the one that broke the camel's back. lmao
On the other hand, I still haven't listened to all the titles in this box! Only first 2 titles, which I love. Maybe tonight...

Your post was fine. LOL. It wasn't the one that broke the camel's back. lmao
On the other hand, I still haven't listened to all the titles in this box! Only first 2 titles, which I love. Maybe tonight...
Gene, pour yourself a nice drink, pop Moonmadness in the player, sit in your favourite listening spot, sit back, relax and prepare to have your mind blown 🥃🍷🥂

Hope they didn't send it FedX. You never know where it's going next.
Agree!
They are the worst. It’s fine as long as the package stays on the happy path. However once deviates from the norm, it can spend days in limbo.
BTW, you must have responded to an old post by @GOS. if you look at post #667, it’s obvious the package arrived.

Reactions: GOS
Just got my Camel box set today .. somehow was thinking it was Caravan*. I guess I will be checking out a band I know nothing about based on all the positive comments here.

*Yes, I am a dumb ass.
If you like Caravan you will also like Camel. Two of their albums (Raindances and Breathless) have former Caravan member Richard Sinclair playing bass and singing some lead vocals. Those also have Mel Collins on sax. The best Camel lineup in my book, but unfortunately neither of those albums got surround mixes. But the second Hammersmith Odeon set with that lineup on CDs 14 and 15 smokes.

ETA: You have probably figured all that out already.

Amazon US. <sigh>

Good news: The box has finally shipped and "Arriving Jan 3-Feb 14" [previous was Jan 15th]
Bad news: Despite FOUR contacts with Amazon - assuring me my AMEX gift card would be charged, they charged my SW Visa card backup.

Moving on. "Grant me the serenity to......" :coffee:

Amazon US. <sigh>

Good news: The box has finally shipped and "Arriving Jan 3-Feb 14" [previous was Jan 15th]
Bad news: Despite FOUR contacts with Amazon - assuring me my AMEX gift card would be charged, they charged my SW Visa card backup.

Moving on. "Grant me the serenity to......" :coffee:
I had that happen with a non-amazon VISA cash gift card, the amount came to more than was on the card so it took it all from my credit card

I had that happen with a non-amazon VISA cash gift card, the amount came to more than was on the card so it took it all from my credit card

Understandable. What was annoying for me is that in my customer service contacts, I shared a screenshot where the card clearly had $100 more in available balance than was required for this purpose. Additionally, I supplied five orders where they HAD charged that card before! I registered the gift card with my name address too as that was a potential issue I'd read about. Best Buy accepted the AMEX gift card for a new hard drive instead today!

Do what I do, report to moderators.
Left lower corner, click report.
Thats like delivery bullshit on Poll Threads, drives me nuts.

We agreed to respond to reports in POLL threads; there has to be some leeway in these non-POLL threads. I'd have to quit my day job to keep up! 🙃

Last edited:
Back