Carpenters delayed?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaclam

Will we ever even see this title? At the very least, some part of the record industry is grossly incompetent. All these delays and titles that get announced, then disappear. I'm sorry, but if any of us were this incompetent in our jobs, we'd get fired. I fear the end of hi-res is near. It hasn't been marketed well AT ALL and how many years has that gone on for now? Sheer incompetence all around.

Seaclam said:
Will we ever even see this title? At the very least, some part of the record industry is grossly incompetent. All these delays and titles that get announced, then disappear. I'm sorry, but if any of us were this incompetent in our jobs, we'd get fired. I fear the end of hi-res is near. It hasn't been marketed well AT ALL and how many years has that gone on for now? Sheer incompetence all around.

Last I heard, it had been moved back to 11/23. Rumors suggest that Richard Carpenter is still "tweaking" the 5.1 Surround mix.

I'm sure Universal Music would love to release it, once the mix is finalized and approved by the artist.

Given what we can probably expect from it, don't really mind the wait. :rolleyes: It'll be interesting to listen to--all multi-channel is--be we know going in what's been futzed with, so bitching about that's fairly pointless(until we all have our copies, and then....:D )

ED:)

Ed Bishop said:
Given what we can probably expect from it, don't really mind the wait. :rolleyes: It'll be interesting to listen to--all multi-channel is--be we know going in what's been futzed with, so bitching about that's fairly pointless(until we all have our copies, and then....:D )

ED:)

Well, I'm hoping that he finalizes the 5.1 Surround Mix soon.

We don't want to see it follow the fate of Michael Jackson's 5.1 Surround Sound remix project. That one went on so long that the project got scrapped altogether.

According a story on that one "Jackson has spent not only millions on the making of Invincible, but millions more on the planned re-release of his catalogue by Sony this fall. All of his albums, from Off the Wall through HIStory, were remixed for the new Sony Super Audio CD format. But Jackson, working through an engineer, went through 50 different mixes of each song from each album. “He went through them and over and over again. It’s not like they hadn’t already been remastered for CD in the first place. And it was the same engineer who did it the first time."

See the story on the Jackson situation over at http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,30233,00.html

Back