Carpenters, Sheryl Crow, Animals & Hermans Hermits on Universal SACD Release Schedule

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bmoura said:
Universal Music has added SACDs by the Carpenters, Sheryl Crow, Animals & Hermans Hermits to their SACD Release Schedule this week.

Great to see them keep on cooking away on the SACD releases.

See the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=18263906 for more information.
Sure wish it was Now & Then, rather than a hits collection. I'd sure like to get ahold of the quad reel (japanese) of that.

narcopolo said:
Sure wish it was Now & Then, rather than a hits collection. I'd sure like to get ahold of the quad reel (japanese) of that.

I'm a big fan of the Now & Then Quad Mix from the '70s. I'd certainly pick that one up if it came out on Surround Sound SACD!

Let's see how the Singles Surround SACD does. There's always a chance that more of the Carpenters catalog will be released in SACD if the first one does well.

The DTS CD of the Japanese Quad Reel is supurb. It sounds better than I could have imagined. I really like Jambalaya. One weird thing though is the drums are frequently mixed in the back channels.

Back