Clapton/Winwood Live at Madison Square Garden coming this spring

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after a long wait, Blu Ray without a lossless audio track is a dissappointment to say the least. This is still must have (IMO) and the DTS mix is fine for what it is - not mixed by Eliot Scheiner but more than just reverb in the rears. I was at this show and can say without a doubt that it is still a vast improvement over the typical MSG "cavern" like acoustics. The PQ is quite good but if lossless audio is the only reason for you to go Blu Ray, then the standard DVD should do just fine - I like the single disc and easy access to the menu that Blu Ray offers - and it looks fantastic on my 50" plasma - still a no brainer purchase either way(y)

It beats me what moron decided that for any music title, be it DVD or BD, that the video is the most important component of the disc.
Surely it is supposed to be a MUSIC title, and as such the music should always be the highest quality possible on the format concerned?

Screw the video.

The BR isn't available here in the UK so I'm thinking of buying it on import but could any owners of the BR version confirm whether it is region free?

Thanks

Graham

It says "Region: All" on the back. However, if you expect an increase in sound quality over the regular DVD you may be disappointed. The video is better though.

I was very bummed about the audio on the Blu-Ray. There was a Blu-Ray disc called "Legends" at Sams that cost like $12. It has Eric Clapton and a bunch of other blues guys in concert. The sound quality is terrific. I went from listening to that disc to this one. UGH! I thought something was wrong with my receiver or speakers. It was really bad.

I'm sure it's because of the comparison, but what will suck is if they re-release this with an HD audio track and they expect us to buy it again. ARRGGH!!

I was very bummed about the audio on the Blu-Ray. There was a Blu-Ray disc called "Legends" at Sams that cost like $12. It has Eric Clapton and a bunch of other blues guys in concert. The sound quality is terrific. I went from listening to that disc to this one. UGH! I thought something was wrong with my receiver or speakers. It was really bad.

I'm sure it's because of the comparison, but what will suck is if they re-release this with an HD audio track and they expect us to buy it again. ARRGGH!!

Yeah, Legends sounds pretty good. The John Mayall BR I picked up yesterday has fantastic sound quality as well. This Clapton/Winwood Blu-Ray is the worst sounding BR concert that I have. I haven't even watched the entire thing because the sound put me off.

It says "Region: All" on the back. However, if you expect an increase in sound quality over the regular DVD you may be disappointed. The video is better though.

Thanks very much Guy, that's very helpful. At least I know it will play over here so it's an option.

Graham

Back