Create quad file from two stereo wavs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo

Hi - is there a free software that would allow me to convert two stereo wav files into a quadraphonic file?
I make music and made the two stereo files in my ancient version of cool edit pro by just using the pan on each wav then mixing down front and back as two separate stereo wavs

sadly it doesn’t have option to mix down as quad

any help appreciated seems like an obvious question so apologies if it’s been answered already

Hi - is there a free software that would allow me to convert two stereo wav files into a quadraphonic file?
I make music and made the two stereo files in my ancient version of cool edit pro by just using the pan on each wav then mixing down front and back as two separate stereo wavs

any help appreciated seems like an obvious question so apologies if it’s been answered already
Hello @Sambo.
Great 1st post and welcome to the QQ forum !

I think that you can import files into Audacity and then export them as a four channel wav/FLAC file if that is what you are after

Hi - audacity worked a treat . I used to use that software way back never knew it had that functionality! Amazing

Here is a link to the track would be great to get any comments on the quad version as I’ve only ever heard it myself in quad once when I recorded it live in 1999!!!

1999 quadraphonic wav.wav and 1 more file

SoX: SoX - Sound eXchange | Documentation

to do what you want, use this command line (aware of the capital M)

sox -M front.wav rear.wav output_quad.wav

Back